GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedestrian Warning for Front Camera

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to enable the Pedestrian Warning on the A5 Front Camera Module (3q0980654).

Wondering if there is a documented/working procedure to do this with VCDS/ODIS or VCP.

Did quite a bit of search here and other forums like rosstech and obdeleven., all i could get is enable the menu on the infotainment unit., for it to say "Function Not Available"

Any pointer will be appreciated.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to enable the Pedestrian Warning on the A5 Front Camera Module (3q0980654).

Wondering if there is a documented/working procedure to do this with VCDS/ODIS or VCP.

Did quite a bit of search here and other forums like rosstech and obdeleven., all i could get is enable the menu on the infotainment unit., for it to say "Function Not Available"

Any pointer will be appreciated.
Pretty sure you activate it like you activate driving modes.

Its not just coding.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah not sure if this is one of those items that require a FeC / SwAP codes to be purchased and enabled through a dealer.

I did try using VCP cable, this provides options for TJA (Traffic Jam Assist) bit nothing for Pedestrian Warning.

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Ravi, 654 model does not equipped with Pedestrian Monitoring. Only 653 is and it cost few times more than 654. Apparently, pedestrian protection taken care by front radar.

Do read up VL2 VL3 pedestrian protection in google.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Ravi, 654 model does not equipped with Pedestrian Monitoring. Only 653 is and it cost few times more than 654. Apparently, pedestrian protection taken care by front radar.

Do read up VL2 VL3 pedestrian protection in google.

Not sure if this is entirely true, i have seen quite a few users with Golf R/GTI 2017 and newer models reporting that pedestrian monitor is enabled from the factory. And as per their vcds logs, its the 3q0 camera - 3Q0980654G

3Q0980653 doesnt seems to be used for the MQB vehicles, but used on the B8 Passats.

eg like this one: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3713/pedestrian-monitoring-mib2-firmware-update

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this is entirely true, i have seen quite a few users with Golf R/GTI 2017 and newer models reporting that pedestrian monitor is enabled from the factory. And as per their vcds logs, its the 3q0 camera - 3Q0980654G

3Q0980653 doesnt seems to be used for the MQB vehicles, but used on the B8 Passats.

eg like this one: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3713/pedestrian-monitoring-mib2-firmware-update

Please use ETKA to check for yourself. It is all there. 653 is for MQB passat and you can also see in ETKA. Mind you, 653 cost few times more than 654. It is there for a purpose

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Ravi, i looked at your link.
It is pedestrian protection, not monitoring. If you want monitoring, ONLY 653. 654 does not equipped with any pedestrian feature. What happened is for Golf only, pedestrian protection is equipped and inside front assist radar. It utilises wave instead of image for pedestrian. The "activated' coding in OBDeleven is from radar, not A5 camera.

I did an extensive read up on this and stand to be corrected. As said too, ETKA has all listed there with part no. and features.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
It is pedestrian protection, not monitoring. If you want monitoring, ONLY 653. 654 does not equipped with any pedestrian feature. What happened is for Golf only, pedestrian protection is equipped and inside front assist radar. It utilises wave instead of image for pedestrian. The "activated' coding in OBDeleven is from radar, not A5 camera.

I did an extensive read up on this and stand to be corrected. As said too, ETKA has all listed there with part no. and features.
Thanks for the clarification and the research :)

danikd

Car(s)
GOlf 7.5
Hello, I want to retrofit heated winshield and also front camera. I have 2018 Golf. So, what is the best camera? 653 or 654? Many thx for advice ...Daniel

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hello, I want to retrofit heated winshield and also front camera. I have 2018 Golf. So, what is the best camera? 653 or 654? Many thx for advice ...Daniel

3q0980654 is the Version 2 of the lane assist camera so use it.

ricardosoa

Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK 7.5

Good morning.
So camera with code 3Q0980654G not have pedestrian monitoring, right?
Do you know if camera 3Q0980654H or L support it?

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
All 654 are not equipped with image based pedestrian monitoring. But VW has since moved away from using 653 model and going into radar based protection. I do not have a feel of how effective both works because it cannot be tested till it is called upon. and I cannot wish to use it also.