GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedestrian Warning for Front Camera

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Good morning.
So camera with code 3Q0980654G not have pedestrian monitoring, right?
Do you know if camera 3Q0980654H or L support it?

Pedestrian Monitoring is enabled by code, using ODIS. you expect it to be inside the camera, it is tied to your VIN.

ricardosoa

Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK 7.5
All 654 are not equipped with image based pedestrian monitoring. But VW has since moved away from using 653 model and going into radar based protection. I do not have a feel of how effective both works because it cannot be tested till it is called upon. and I cannot wish to use it also.
Thank you for explanations. It’s strange because here in Brazil some Tiguan models with camera 3Q0980654H has pedestrian monitoring. So l had thought that camera is work with my car. This function is pretty good for me. Haha

ricardosoa

Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK 7.5
Pedestrian Monitoring is enabled by code, using ODIS. you expect it to be inside the camera, it is tied to your VIN.
Really? That’s a good news for me. If my CAM BUS support this function is it will working even if l don’t have camera?
My car there isn’t system lane assist, so l think that l have to install some camera, right?

ricardosoa

Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK 7.5
Hi guys. What camera is more interesting? 653F or 654 L? I have gofl gti mk 7.5.
About function "pedestrian monitoring" that's different pedestrian protection, this functions was removed the news vw cars, or is it was inserted in front assist?

Thanks

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Really? That’s a good news for me. If my CAM BUS support this function is it will working even if l don’t have camera?
My car there isn’t system lane assist, so l think that l have to install some camera, right?

You need camera for that, Yours is a 7.5 so get the 654.