GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedestrian Warning for Front Camera

o_a_ravi

Looking to enable the Pedestrian Warning on the A5 Front Camera Module (3q0980654).

Wondering if there is a documented/working procedure to do this with VCDS/ODIS or VCP.

Did quite a bit of search here and other forums like rosstech and obdeleven., all i could get is enable the menu on the infotainment unit., for it to say "Function Not Available"

Any pointer will be appreciated.

Reaper1

Looking to enable the Pedestrian Warning on the A5 Front Camera Module (3q0980654).

Wondering if there is a documented/working procedure to do this with VCDS/ODIS or VCP.

Did quite a bit of search here and other forums like rosstech and obdeleven., all i could get is enable the menu on the infotainment unit., for it to say "Function Not Available"

Any pointer will be appreciated.
Pretty sure you activate it like you activate driving modes.

Its not just coding.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Yeah not sure if this is one of those items that require a FeC / SwAP codes to be purchased and enabled through a dealer.

I did try using VCP cable, this provides options for TJA (Traffic Jam Assist) bit nothing for Pedestrian Warning.

sopskysalat

Ravi, 654 model does not equipped with Pedestrian Monitoring. Only 653 is and it cost few times more than 654. Apparently, pedestrian protection taken care by front radar.

Do read up VL2 VL3 pedestrian protection in google.

o_a_ravi

Ravi, 654 model does not equipped with Pedestrian Monitoring. Only 653 is and it cost few times more than 654. Apparently, pedestrian protection taken care by front radar.

Do read up VL2 VL3 pedestrian protection in google.
Not sure if this is entirely true, i have seen quite a few users with Golf R/GTI 2017 and newer models reporting that pedestrian monitor is enabled from the factory. And as per their vcds logs, its the 3q0 camera - 3Q0980654G

3Q0980653 doesnt seems to be used for the MQB vehicles, but used on the B8 Passats.

eg like this one: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3713/pedestrian-monitoring-mib2-firmware-update

sopskysalat

Not sure if this is entirely true, i have seen quite a few users with Golf R/GTI 2017 and newer models reporting that pedestrian monitor is enabled from the factory. And as per their vcds logs, its the 3q0 camera - 3Q0980654G

3Q0980653 doesnt seems to be used for the MQB vehicles, but used on the B8 Passats.

eg like this one: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3713/pedestrian-monitoring-mib2-firmware-update
Please use ETKA to check for yourself. It is all there. 653 is for MQB passat and you can also see in ETKA. Mind you, 653 cost few times more than 654. It is there for a purpose