GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedal tuners- Anyone have one, And can log output on VCDS or OBD11

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I have a WTB out there for the BMS, but I'm a little lukewarm. I believe it brings responsiveness, but are you giving away modulation ability in the process?

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Here's what a pedal tuner does when you log it if anyone is interested. Yes, per the post above, it's still going to work, but at some point I would think this would be somewhat annoying as you add power.

View attachment 177096
Thanks Karst! Now we have the missing data item "what the pedal box dones" as logged by OBD11 output.

So the "direct throttle" does nothing (v) vs "indirect" (default), but putting a pedal box in clearly DOES change the curve, more response per unit of pedal movement.

This implies to me that like the JB4 tine, the pedal box is affecting the signal going in, and like the APR tune, the OBD11 codes changing is doing something to the ECS itself.

Except, in the case of "direct throttle"- this has been a misnomer...affecting only direct steering in the steering module.

If you want faster than level rate of change as programmed in ECS, you cant get it by coding...only by changing signal coming in, first.
-skeej

PS: now looking in okd threads here and vortex for a comparison of validated dynos of stock 1.8t before and after, JB4 vs APR, at different levels, charted same graph.
MOAR DATA For SCIENCE

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Thanks Karst! Now we have the missing data item "what the pedal box dones" as logged by OBD11 output.

So the "direct throttle" does nothing (v) vs "indirect" (default), but putting a pedal box in clearly DOES change the curve, more response per unit of pedal movement.

This implies to me that like the JB4 tine, the pedal box is affecting the signal going in, and like the APR tune, the OBD11 codes changing is doing something to the ECS itself.

Except, in the case of "direct throttle"- this has been a misnomer...affecting only direct steering in the steering module.

If you want faster than level rate of change as programmed in ECS, you cant get it by coding...only by changing signal coming in, first.
-skeej

PS: now looking in okd threads here and vortex for a comparison of validated dynos of stock 1.8t before and after, JB4 vs APR, at different levels, charted same graph.
MOAR DATA For SCIENCE
Basically...yes

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to add my 2C for the OP. I’ve been bothered by the clutch engagement and jerky shifting since the first few months of owning the car. Just replaced the transmission mount from OE to BFI stage 1. I had added the apr dogbone insert which helped slightly as well. The trans mount helped +++ with my shifting and engagement woes, just fyi this problem has very much bothered me so figured I’d pass it along