GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedal Box Question

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So if you install one and set it "100% linear", does the engine bog down when you give it to much fuel?

Are you talking about a box like the BMS Pedal Tuner? If you are it does not bog down.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yes. So if you input too much throttle, the ECU overrides it to deliver the maximum possible without bogging? Is there that much of an improvement in throttle response?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You wont bog down a FI car as the ECU won't allow over-fuelling like a carb would.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes. So if you input too much throttle, the ECU overrides it to deliver the maximum possible without bogging? Is there that much of an improvement in throttle response?

I run it at the maximum setting and there is a huge difference in throttle response. Anyone who has driven my car first response is whoa when they push the throttle. They just aren't used to that much throttle response.

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice thing about the BMS unit is you can have a daily setting and a showing off setting as well.
No it will not add any power, but my R is a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile with it installed and turned all the way up.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice thing about the BMS unit is you can have a daily setting and a showing off setting as well.
No it will not add any power, but my R is a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile with it installed and turned all the way up.

You mean you can program a quick select for different settings?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
There’s different stages (that corresponds to a light colour)

white= stock
green = stage1
orange = stage2
red = stage3

In those settings you can fine tweak with + or -
I recommend the BMS unit. Makes a considerable difference.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

white= stock
green = stage1
orange = stage2
red = stage3

That's the one that I have but you can't set a quick settings change like Mike Jesse said.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

white= stock
green = stage1
orange = stage2
red = stage3

Yeah, I know how it operates. But what from what was said before, I got the impression that there's a way to quickly select presets, like the third middle setting, for instance. But apparently not.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Its a nice addon but i was given 4 maps w different throttle mappings and a valet map w my Cobb custom etune. I ever drive on fully linear throttle mapping and tried agg1 while tuning and few months after. Too aggressive for daily driving.. feels like i cant stay out of boost. Especially annoying when engine cold. So i could only imagine what agg3 would be like.

They can be changed real time reflash too i thin but i never switch from full linear.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Really? I dont have it and i know its the top button to switch between profiles. One click.