Pedal Box purchase

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Good Idea. I have to check that out.

Jamzo64

Briskodian
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
An update for those that are interested. I should add that my GTD is fitted with DSG and has Superchips Bluefin remap so may only help a select few!

I've had the DTUK Pedal Box fitted now for a few weeks and have been playing around with variuos settings trying them with different driving modes including Normal, Sport, and Personal (I didn't bother with 'Eco' or 'Comfort' as I rarely use them).

First up is Sport+. Waay too aggressive and uncomfortable to drive in virtually every setting so, unless you have a feather light foot and can put up with extremely poor fuel economy, I'd leave this one alone.

Next is Sport. Noticeable improvement in throttle response as soon as you switch on to this setting and all seems to be well even in +1, +2 and +3 but, and it's a BIG but, under hard acceleration there is a noticeable 'jolt' and sudden momentarily loss of power when you lift off at full throttle. I'm not sure why this happens or what the cause is but I've run VCDS after most runs and there is no fault showing :confused:

Finally Eco: There is an improvement but it just feels a little numb in all but the highest +3 setting. Even in this setting it does not suit my driving style so I spent more time messing around with the Sport settings.

On a 500+ mile round trip over a couple of days I played with all these settings with different driving modes trying all manner of combinations to try and find what was best. I finally settled on Sport -3 as being most adapted and suited to my driving style but it is by no means perfect and there are a couple of drawbacks! On occasions you can still feel that 'jolt' but it's very slight and only occassional. Also, in Sport driving mode there is a tendency to change up when you don't want it too but I can live with this as everything else is just about spot on. Press the go pedal and you're off, flying through the gears, you feel a real sense of urgency and almost limitless acceleration .... best of all though is when you switch to Tiptronic. Use either the gear lever or paddle shift to change up or down is a lot of fun and tempts me every time on my favourite back road home from work! :D

Anyway, that's my summary and I'm a convert even if others aren't ..... hopefully you're one of the ones having as much fun with their GTD as I am :)

richiekuk

Ready to race!
An update for those that are interested. I should add that my GTD is fitted with DSG and has Superchips Bluefin remap so may only help a select few!

I've had the DTUK Pedal Box fitted now for a few weeks and have been playing around with variuos settings trying them with different driving modes including Normal, Sport, and Personal (I didn't bother with 'Eco' or 'Comfort' as I rarely use them).

First up is Sport+. Waay too aggressive and uncomfortable to drive in virtually every setting so, unless you have a feather light foot and can put up with extremely poor fuel economy, I'd leave this one alone.

Next is Sport. Noticeable improvement in throttle response as soon as you switch on to this setting and all seems to be well even in +1, +2 and +3 but, and it's a BIG but, under hard acceleration there is a noticeable 'jolt' and sudden momentarily loss of power when you lift off at full throttle. I'm not sure why this happens or what the cause is but I've run VCDS after most runs and there is no fault showing :confused:

Finally Eco: There is an improvement but it just feels a little numb in all but the highest +3 setting. Even in this setting it does not suit my driving style so I spent more time messing around with the Sport settings.

On a 500+ mile round trip over a couple of days I played with all these settings with different driving modes trying all manner of combinations to try and find what was best. I finally settled on Sport -3 as being most adapted and suited to my driving style but it is by no means perfect and there are a couple of drawbacks! On occasions you can still feel that 'jolt' but it's very slight and only occassional. Also, in Sport driving mode there is a tendency to change up when you don't want it too but I can live with this as everything else is just about spot on. Press the go pedal and you're off, flying through the gears, you feel a real sense of urgency and almost limitless acceleration .... best of all though is when you switch to Tiptronic. Use either the gear lever or paddle shift to change up or down is a lot of fun and tempts me every time on my favourite back road home from work! :D

Anyway, that's my summary and I'm a convert even if others aren't ..... hopefully you're one of the ones having as much fun with their GTD as I am :)

I felt the same loss of power when coming off full throttle. That is what stopped me from using Sport mode.

Do you get any flywheel judder at low RPM / high gear when you floor the throttle with the Superchips map? We are trying to get a happy medium at the moment with my map to get as much torque as possible, without getting any judder.

Jamzo64

Briskodian
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
I felt the same loss of power when coming off full throttle. That is what stopped me from using Sport mode.

Do you get any flywheel judder at low RPM / high gear when you floor the throttle with the Superchips map? We are trying to get a happy medium at the moment with my map to get as much torque as possible, without getting any judder.
I don't think so but can you be a bit more specific as to what you mean by 'flywheel judder'?

Last edited:

richiekuk

Ready to race!
It's very noticeable as a vibration under hard accelaration. Most noticeable in the higher gears pulling up from under 2000rpm

^^THIS^^

Jamzo64

Briskodian
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
It's very noticeable as a vibration under hard accelaration. Most noticeable in the higher gears pulling up from under 2000rpm
Been out a few times to try and replicate this but I haven't noticed anything unusual :confused: .... I'm either a) Lucky b) Stupid or c) Clever :D

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Havent had dose problems either... im running on Sport +2 and that works well even when I drive slow/normal. Only in city driving I turn the box off completely.