GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDF Manual for 2021 GTI?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
... I‘ve only had the car for 5 hours so I’m clawing my way up the learning curve. Very different interface than my 2018 Audi.

Mine's been in our garage for just over a week and I too am overwhelmed. I have a bit of a leg up, as my wife has a '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M and the interfaces are similar. Oddly, her MIB has a handy [Mute] button that was deleted on my newer MIB. I must turn the volume down. I miss that when we need to talk or when endless radio ads begin to play.

I'm trying to learn Apple Car Play and have made a wee bit of progress there. I'm not sure if I'll use my Apple app for navigation or VWs.

My window sticker reads that the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) is "not currently enabled", but the Dealer said it will be when VW writes the new code for the new MIB. I read posts that the displayed results are a joke, but nonetheless, it looks kinda cool to me. I'm no Formula1 driver; just want to have a little fun. :giggle:

Zaptrax

Mine's been in our garage for just over a week and I too am overwhelmed. I have a bit of a leg up, as my wife has a '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M and the interfaces are similar. Oddly, her MIB has a handy [Mute] button that was deleted on my newer MIB. I must turn the volume down. I miss that when we need to talk or when endless radio ads begin to play.

I'm trying to learn Apple Car Play and have made a wee bit of progress there. I'm not sure if I'll use my Apple app for navigation or VWs.

My window sticker reads that the Performance Monitor (Sport HMI) is "not currently enabled", but the Dealer said it will be when VW writes the new code for the new MIB. I read posts that the displayed results are a joke, but nonetheless, it looks kinda cool to me. I'm no Formula1 driver; just want to have a little fun. :giggle:
I think, and will confirm, an advantage of using the VW navigation function vs Apple CarPlay is that when you are using the VW Nav you also see driving instructions appearing on the little LCD display between the speedo and tach. I don't think you get that when using CarPlay navigation. So if you are using VW's built in navigation and change the main display to use the radio or a CarPlay function, say Spotify, you still have visual driving instructions on that display between tach and speedo.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
VW has been very challenged in the software part of the business. Golf Mk8 launch was delayed for months in Europe by software problems and ID.3 and ID.4 have also had software issues. The just-announced alliance with Microsoft for software development for VW cars is a promising development.
Really, you must not work in IT if you consider Microsoft collaboration a promising development. LOL