GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDC Retrofit Question

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
And that's why if you're parallel parking it works best to press the button before the front of your car passes the front of the car that will be behind you once parked. That way the system "knows" the full size of the gap it has to work with. The car will get into spots that I would not if parking on my own... not that I park in these spots anyway, don't like being that close.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
And that's why if you're parallel parking it works best to press the button before the front of your car passes the front of the car that will be behind you once parked. That way the system "knows" the full size of the gap it has to work with. The car will get into spots that I would not if parking on my own... not that I park in these spots anyway, don't like being that close.
With PLA3 this isn't required; it is constantly monitoring regardless of whether you press the button.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have PLA 2.0 working with no issue... but quick glancing around PLA 2.0 to 3.0 threads has a good amount of ABS module replacement discussion. My current parts/software...

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-ESP-V1.clb
Part No SW: 3Q0 907 379 P HW: 3Q0 907 379 C
Component: ESC H32 0385

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J791) Labels:| 5Q0-919-298.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 919 298 K HW: 5Q0 919 298
Component: PARKHILFE PLA H12 0054

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I have PLA 2.0 working with no issue... but quick glancing around PLA 2.0 to 3.0 threads has a good amount of ABS module replacement discussion. My current parts/software...

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-ESP-V1.clb
Part No SW: 3Q0 907 379 P HW: 3Q0 907 379 C
Component: ESC H32 0385

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J791) Labels:| 5Q0-919-298.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 919 298 K HW: 5Q0 919 298
Component: PARKHILFE PLA H12 0054
Probably because of the AEB which I don't think PLA2.0 has?

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
Probably because of the AEB which I don't think PLA2.0 has?
Yeah so I was wondering what would be needed to get the maneuvering automatic braking (>10mph braking by parking sensors) but I believe I came to the conclusion that I would need a new abs module.

It would only require a new module to upgrade from pla 2.0 to 3.0? Where is it located at? Under the left side of the dashboard? What benefits would I get vs just staying at 2.0?

Ideally I would just find a way to add the maneuvering braking thing and leave everything else stock.

joka23

Car(s)
golf mk7 1.4 TSI
You pretty much nailed it here. That's exactly how it works.

It's a best guess based on surroundings already scanned and other inputs like speed and wheel direction.
Which can then be a pain in the ass sometimes. I've realised if my front left gets a little dirty and I reverse with my wheels to the right. It'll start beeping loudly that something is to my front left and I will hit it. This continues even if I go straight on. Like some sort of phantom object

joka23

Car(s)
golf mk7 1.4 TSI
Yeah so I was wondering what would be needed to get the maneuvering automatic braking (>10mph braking by parking sensors) but I believe I came to the conclusion that I would need a new abs module.

It would only require a new module to upgrade from pla 2.0 to 3.0? Where is it located at? Under the left side of the dashboard? What benefits would I get vs just staying at 2.0?

Ideally I would just find a way to add the maneuvering braking thing and leave everything else stock.
This is the AEB system @IWMTom mentions above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but @IWMTom did you not say if you have ACC you would have the correct ABS module?

I think I will skip on this as I do not want my car doing a harsh brake just because it thinks there is something there

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Hmmm, I do have ACC. Maybe I'll look for a module and try it. I have received the front collision warning a couple times but the car did not brake... I just assumed my ABS didn't do AEB. When I got the warning a crash wasn't yet imminent and I have the warning set to early, so maybe the car would have braked... I'm not going to test it though, haha.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hmmm, I do have ACC. Maybe I'll look for a module and try it. I have received the front collision warning a couple times but the car did not brake... I just assumed my ABS didn't do AEB. When I got the warning a crash wasn't yet imminent and I have the warning set to early, so maybe the car would have braked... I'm not going to test it though, haha.
It will still work. It didn't start braking for you because you reacted fast enough. I set mine to the least setting because of too many false alerts.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I wonder about this. Both @Cuzoe and I have cars with the 38-pin ABS module (3Q0 907 379 P), which, according to a number of the experts is *not* supposed to work with ACC...but it does; I was told at least a couple times that to activate ACC with my 3QF radar and 3Q0 Lane Assist camera, I would need to swap ABS pumps/modules to the 46-pin 3Q0 907 379 AA or AB. But then I said, "but this @Cuzoe guy got his working...how 'bout you try?" And it works.

So - our cars *do* have the capability to do autonomous braking (a key component of ACC), but I don't know (and like Cuzoe says above - don't really want to start running tests) whether it's a "if ACC, then AEB✅" , or "AEB *absolutely* requires the AA/AB modules" situation.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yeeaaaaa, what @Nuje said... and I don't wanna replace my ABS module. If I replace that then I may as well install the GTI/R master cylinder I have sitting here. And I don't want to get dirty so I'll have to pay for both of those. And if the car is going to a shop I should have them do other work I want to do... replacing my slow steering rack with the faster one from the GTI. Surely you all can see how this PLA 3.0/AEB/ABS module situation is becoming a problem for us :ROFLMAO:.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Yeeaaaaa, what @Nuje said... and I don't wanna replace my ABS module. If I replace that then I may as well install the GTI/R master cylinder I have sitting here. And I don't want to get dirty so I'll have to pay for both of those. And if the car is going to a shop I should have them do other work I want to do... replacing my slow steering rack with the faster one from the GTI. Surely you all can see how this PLA 3.0/AEB/ABS module situation is becoming a problem for us :ROFLMAO:.
You can get the modules on AliExpress delivered for like $30. There's no harm in trying it.