GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDC Retrofit Question

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Does anyone know which tool can be used to extract pins from the PDC loom?

I think it’s VAS 1978/7A, but I could be wrong. The generic set from eBay doesn’t work and just destroys the plastic.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know which tool can be used to extract pins from the PDC loom?

I think it’s VAS 1978/7A, but I could be wrong. The generic set from eBay doesn’t work and just destroys the plastic.

i use this generic repinning tool, not the perfect one, but works for occasional use...

20200920_213303.jpg

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
So, a quick update.

Today I received the genuine Skoda bumper hole punch tool (P/N BEA000001). It actually cost me less than the 27mm aftermarket I got from AliExpress.

Going to take off the rear bumper this weekend to create the two remaining holes for the side sensors. If I have time, I might take the front bumper as well to make the 6 holes.

Will update as I progress.

1601377550287.png

1601377557244.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Going to take off the rear bumper this weekend to create the two remaining holes for the side sensors. If I have time, I might take the front bumper as well to make the 6 holes.

What holes have you already cut? If tool you got is for 18 mm holes you should have the four center holes for the front bumper and all six left to cut in the rear.

Unless I got it wrong I guess. But I did 26.7 (27) on the front "fenders" and 18.2 (18) for the other ten holes. All of my sensors are installed.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
What holes have you already cut? If tool you got is for 18 mm holes you should have the four center holes for the front bumper and all six left to cut in the rear.

Unless I got it wrong I guess. But I did 26.7 (27) on the front "fenders" and 18.2 (18) for the other ten holes. All of my sensors are installed.

Glad to hear you got your sensors installed!

I actually already had 4 rear sensors cut as the previous owner installed aftermarket sensors through the dealer. In Israel, they install "Cobra" type sensors which are flush just like the genuine ones and they are the same size so the new sensor fit right in.

I had to wait for the tool so I can do the front and the remaining two in the rear.

Can you provide information about how you routed through the front firewall? Currently it's my biggest concern as my rear harness is already wired.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh I got it... you have 2 side holes to make in the rear then all the holes (four front 18mm and two side 27mm) to make in the front bumper. I will be running the harness through the grommet on the left side of the vehicle, comes out behind/under the battery tray. I actually have several harness to run through there over the next week (PDC, ACC, Fog Lights, DCC, Sound Actor, couple additional wires for the ABS) and I'm not looking forward to it.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Exactly.

I think you're from the US so you have LHD car. On RHD cars, the left side grommet above the footwell is actually clean. On LHD cars, it's filled with tons of wires and you can barely poke anything in it. The space is very limited and I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to do it.

Side question: I just received a set of two repair wires P/N 000979046E which have the required terminals for the ABS connector. Do you happen to know the pin numbers for ESC Off/SET! tires on the ABS connector?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm expecting that I'll be depinning all the harnesses, but I've already run wires through there and it's not fun.

All the pins on the ABS are the same size except the power/ground... which are the larger pins.
Small... 000 979 046E
Large... 000 979 308E

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I was actually looking for the PIN numbers on the connectors so I know where to connect the ESC off/SET! Tires buttons :). If you happen to know them.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ohhhhh, haha... I do have them on a document on my home computer, I'll PM you when I get home after work.

Did you end up running the harness on the right side or did you keep it on the left? And if you left it on the left side what is your plan for the harness in the bumper? I don't have it in front of me but from memory it's not long enough to be connected starting from the left. That would mean the PDC module is seeing sensors on the left rear that should be on the right rear and vice versa.

When I get back to my desk I'll draw a terrible picture that illustrates my concern, in case it doesn't make sense as described.

Did anyone else who has completed this route their harness and connect on the left side?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I ended up moving it to the right, as per the OEM instructions.

The harness is made to be on the left side, because when I tested the sensors they were positioned correctly. I will have to repin them which kinda sucks.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Interesting, so you're saying the harness was built for the left side (not OEM) but it was wired to be installed that (wrong) way? Where are you doing the re-pinning?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I believe so. The Chinese vendors on AliExpress also supply the same PDF supplied by carsystems PL (https://carsystems.home.pl/marcin/support/VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf).

This PDF is pretty lame, as it doesn't follow the OEM instructions for this and it barely has any information.

As for the repinning - I'm not sure. I think I'll do it on the connector for the rear sensors harness when I take out the bumper for the holes cutting.

I'll update as I progress this weekend.

Cuzoe, please don't forget to send me the pins for what I asked.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yea... I don't like non-OEM pinning of wiring, makes troubleshooting near impossible if you have an issue down the line. I'll probably ring out my harness(es) and see where they switched it. It's also annoying that it's switched.

38 Pin ABS
ESC Select - pin 4
TPMS Set - not supported (from what I can find)

46 Pin ABS
ESC Select - pin 39
TPMS Set - pin 41