GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PCV replacement bouncing throttle

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Hello everyone, I am in dire need of fixing my car, about to bring it to a shop nearby. I have these codes here after replacing the pcv (3 times to make sure I did it right) and can hear a hissing noise in the engine bay, it might be normal I never really check. I have a bouncing idle as well. Any advice?

Attachments

• BA3C7516-B058-4CA1-AFC6-366A4CE4D8F9.jpeg
    BA3C7516-B058-4CA1-AFC6-366A4CE4D8F9.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 46CE3380-1D63-4561-B4B5-0074EBB57C91.jpeg
    46CE3380-1D63-4561-B4B5-0074EBB57C91.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 49

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hello everyone, I am in dire need of fixing my car, about to bring it to a shop nearby. I have these codes here after replacing the pcv (3 times to make sure I did it right) and can hear a hissing noise in the engine bay, it might be normal I never really check. I have a bouncing idle as well. Any advice?
All the hoses hooked up? Picture might help.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Hooked all the hoses up, thinking I may swap the clamps for snake clamps.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere
Yes, do you think a smoke test would work to help identify where in the pcv system?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
I think either the leak is coming from the hose on the left, or the top hose coming from the intake/TIP. Anyone have a link to replace the o ring on the top hose?

Attachments

• tempImagert39Ut.png
    tempImagert39Ut.png
    15.3 MB · Views: 75

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Update: Soapy water tested the hoses, and replaced clamp on the left hose, nothing bubbling or changed.

Unsure where to go from here really.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Update: Soapy water tested the hoses, and replaced clamp on the left hose, nothing bubbling or changed.

Unsure where to go from here really.
Check the oil filler cap for a tight fit and good o-ring.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Probably a dumb question but did the PCV come with a new gasket? Mating surfaces cleaned? I’d spray the whole PCV with soapy water at this point.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Probably a dumb question but did the PCV come with a new gasket? Mating surfaces cleaned? I’d spray the whole PCV with soapy water at this point.
Yes sprayed the whole thing down, everything was new and clean.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Check the oil filler cap for a tight fit and good o-ring.
Just replaced the cap and it seats nicely. The sound is coming from near the purge canister or the left side of the pcv.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any cracks in the PCV plate? Surface cleaned down for good seal and torqued properly? Purge canister cracked?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Checked everything again, thank god I finally got it. It was the base of the oil dipstick that wasn't pushed into place properly after my upper timing cover job.