GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Patricia Shadowfax 2017 Reflex Silver GTI S

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My MK4 VR6 GTI was getting a little too packed once I became a dad several years back. I had a little money saved and the MK7 body style was really growing on me so I decided to start looking around for a new VW. Prerequisite was reflex sliver.

Preferred to have an Autobahn version with PP but a really untouched 2017 S showed up with only 8K miles on it at a nice price. I figured I’m gonna mod it anyway so I can configure the brakes and LSD how I want them eventually. Also less electronics to get in the way.

Here’s a photo of her the night I was waiting on the VW stealership to finish their nefarious paperwork. (Not sure why it’s sideways I’ll fix it later.) I’ve done a relatively modest amount of mods over the past 2 years, nothing too crazy but it sure has become a lot more fun. This is my first experience with real modding and it’s been a great experience and a fun ride. This GTI is a daily driver and I intend to keep it as I fell in love. Just thought it was a good time to start logging stuff better than I have been.

Current Build

Engine
  • Powerflex Dogbone hybrid insert
  • Stage 2 EQT 93 Octane file w/ Cobb TC
  • Ruthenium plugs / RS3 coils
  • Baun Performance IC
  • Cp-e 70d engine mounts
Transmission
  • ACT Street Clutch w/ SMFW
  • Delay valve delete + speedbleeder <3
  • DIY clutch stop (currently removed)
  • Clutch assist spring delete
  • Raceseng Spherology shift knob
  • Torque Solutions shifter bushings
Suspension
  • Bilstein B8s
  • H&R Sport Springs
  • H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar
  • Audi TT rear spring perch
Wheels / Tires
  • OZ Racing Ultralegerras 18”
  • Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Summers
  • 42DD 8mm spacers front
  • ECS Tuning 15mm spacers rear
Brakes
  • Audi A4 Quattro retrofit
  • Technafit
Exhaust
  • Baun Performance downpipe
Intake
  • VWR Drop in filter
  • Snow grate removal
Exterior
  • Helix MK7 headlights
  • Euro eGolf grille
  • BEC black LED tails
  • RennWagen spoiler extension
Other
  • 3D printed Gas pedal spacer
To Do List (near future)
  1. Dieselgeek superpin
  2. Exhaust sound upgrades
Parts to install:
  • Caliper speedbleeders

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Great job! I would agree that the next thing to check is injectors. Hope you can track down your issue

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think the driveway disagrees.
Hey man, driveways aren't cheap. Mine looks pretty similar. Still has twenty years left on it lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Decided on trying a new tune out before I commit to a protune for the Cobb platform. The local tuner shop here uses Eurodyne and I think rather than coughing up the 1K for an ED protune I’d be more interested in learning to self-tune and get a different option for the protune; and I like variation.

Ordered this with an OTS EQT Stage 2 93 octane file and so far it feels pretty good. It’s a bit more tame and refined than the 93 ots Eurodyne tune but what Eurodyne makes up for a really powerful 2nd gear and a sluggish 1st, this tune seems to have an intense 1st gear and more conservative 2nd but definitely not sluggish.

I will give it some more miles for the ECU to adapt, or just do a battery reset and let it do a from scratch reset to adapt before giving more impressions. So far so good, it’s been fun and I got a “pops and bangs” in Normal mode for kicks 😂
Since I always drive in Sport, I thought it’d be fun for Friday night grocery runs when Subies and Hondas rev at me.

View attachment 191512

Isn't the EQT protune about $500 since you already have the AP?