GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paste/lube under center arm rest

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Pulled the arm rest today and noticed some lube under it. I removed it a bit with a paper towel then noticed if I put the arm rest back then pulled it again, more would come out.

Took a picture of it, after I had already touched it (ignore the spread lol). Should I remove it all? Has anyone seen this on theirs?
IMG_20200709_180234.jpg

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
But for real that’s super weird lol mine doesn’t have that and usually grease I’ve noticed in parts like that is like a darker yellow

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
But for real that’s super weird lol mine doesn’t have that and usually grease I’ve noticed in parts like that is like a darker yellow
I'm assuming it's just grease from the mechanism that makes the arm rest slides, but it's like they emptied the tube in there. And it keeps coming as I slide it. (that's what she said)

My '16 GTI didn't have any.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
hmm, never seen anything like that from anyone here. I would assume lubrication for the arm rest, but that seems a little unreal. I guess get your favorite wipe off rag and put it in the car and wipe it off whenever more leaks out.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
While it is odd that it's in that spot....that IS the grease they use for the sliding armrest assembly (I've taken a few apart before).
It's usually on the underside (mechanism) though

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Looks like factory put too much in. Take it to dealer and have them replace it. It will just keep coming out and get all over everything.