GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Side Rattle over bumps (Please help)

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Please help me find this rattle. It started a few weeks ago when the temps dropped, and it's driving me crazy.

- The noise is independent of speed or engine RPM and seems to happen when going over bumps.
- It sounds like it's coming from either the passenger side dash area

What it's not
- I removed the A-Piller trim and drove around, the noise persisted
- Removed Rear View Mirror and trim, the noise persisted
- Removed plastic cover under the windshield wiper cowling, the noise persisted.

The only thing I can think of doing now is trying the fuel line fix, but from what I understand that vibration is related to engine speed, not bumps.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Doesn't sound like the fuel lines but I don't know otherwise. Check inside the glove box etc. Passenger seat?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’ve check the glove box, overhead storage, and under the passenger seat. I couldn’t find anything that would was making noise.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I was able to find and fix it today. I was taking the a-pillar trim off again to check for something I missed and I leaned against the corner of the door card and it make the squeaking noise I had been hearing.

I took the door card off and found that the door panel clips were squeaking where they slid into the door panel. I removed all the pins and gave them a light coating of white lithium grease, shaking off as much excess as possible. I then put them back in the door card and re-installed it, and voila the noise is gone.