GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Side Mirror Light Don’t Work

Octoman5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys so I was driving one day and I was using my turn signal both pass and driver side worked just fine, then after a couple minutes of driving a got an error on the dash saying the passenger led light wasn’t working. I bought a new led thinking it’s solve the problem, installed and nothing worked. I most noticed the power mirrors didn’t work either on the passenger side door. But the window button and lock button did. Would anyone know what he going on? Could the connector come off the power module? I haven’t check because I don’t know what the internals of the door are like. Was hoping for some feedback to build up the courage to looks at the inside without some sort of idea on what to look for.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys so I was driving one day and I was using my turn signal both pass and driver side worked just fine, then after a couple minutes of driving a got an error on the dash saying the passenger led light wasn’t working. I bought a new led thinking it’s solve the problem, installed and nothing worked. I most noticed the power mirrors didn’t work either on the passenger side door. But the window button and lock button did. Would anyone know what he going on? Could the connector come off the power module? I haven’t check because I don’t know what the internals of the door are like. Was hoping for some feedback to build up the courage to looks at the inside without some sort of idea on what to look for.

Not really the right sub-forum for a topic like this.

Have a google. Something like “MK7 GTI remove door panel site:golfmk7.com”.

You could also research the DIY threads for installing power folding mirrors. There are some great how-tos with pics of the inside of the door, wiring etc.

The door panels aren’t too tricky to remove. But consider having a few door panel clips on hand because usually 1 or 2 break when removing the panel. They’re something like .25c from the dealership. They will have the part number or you can google that as well.

I’d say it’s worth having a look at the wiring. Sounds to me like something has become loose or some wiring is damaged.

If you have a scan tool like Obdeleven or VCDS you could also scan for faults. Check if the door module is responding etc.

But first...do you have any warranty remaining?