GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Seat Belt Rattle?

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my 2017 Golf R yesterday (White, DSG). Car is great. However, immediately driving home, I heard a huge rattle. After looking around, I realize that it was the passenger seat belt banging into the center console. Has anyone else experienced this? Any fix? I was thinking of just putting some felt or something on the back of the seat belt to stop the plastic-on-plastic banging.

Thanks!

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yup common thing. Felt or move the seat to a position that allows it not to take. I have a rattling plug under the passengers seat that I have had time to fix yet only does it when no one sits in it

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Common? My belt receptacle could never touch the console, the bracket is much too stiff. You have a bad part or installation.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this rattle and wanted to add - The seatbelt receptacle arm is very stiff. I had to really apply pressure to bend it enough to keep from touching the console. Haven't heard from it since.

KO7

Ready to race!
It was driving me nuts for a while but went away on its own. Probably due to carrying passengers regularly for a while.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Bend towards door, firmly. Rattle gone. I had the same thing in my r. No more though.

Either that, or if you're uncomfortable doing that, apply felt to the receptacle portion on the console side

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm not surprised. The dealer tech needed to move a wire under the hood that was made too long. Whatever happened to quality control?

bpw

Ready to race!
You are not alone... lol. I've have 3 gti's all had a rattle somewhere. I had the same seat belt rattle in my current one.

My 08 had a rattle in the hatch I could never find.