GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Door Wont unlock

imjeeves

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
Hi guys a strange one here.

So over the winter my passengers door decides it no longer wants to unlock. I use both the external and internal handle but both dont work. When the car tries to lock (i.e. with key or when driving off) it clicks then immediately clicks again as if it cant lock all doors.

I have also noticed that the door mirror isnt moving when its unlocked however the indicator on the mirror is on all the time solid as well as the light under the mirror.

Any idea what is going on?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Sounds like an electrical fault, possibly a short. Can you run a scan with VCDS or OBDEleven? You could also check for pinched wires.

imjeeves

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
I will try VCDS. My worry is that because I cant get the door open I cant remove the door card to access into the electrics.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I just opened the passenger door on my 2017 Mk7 GTI with it locked with the inside handle, so maybe your problem isn't with the locking mechanism by with the mechanical rods that connect the inner handle with the latch. The door should open with the inner handle is pulled whether the door is locked or not.