GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts for highline rear camera retrofit

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for your reply. Looking at your comments on other threads it seems it isn't worth paying extra for the high line version and I would be better off sticking with the low line?

I know carsystems.eu sells the low line but I have found this one which is a bit cheaper, I am assuming this is the low line version?:

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/rueckfahrk...golf-7-variant-nachruestsatz-kamera-5g9054634
Given it can't be calibrated there's no real benefit to highline over lowline.

That looks like a lowline camera yes.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Wiring for the RVC High, if someone is interested in this retrofit:
VW Golf MK7 5G - Current Flow Diagram - high RVC.jpg

Silverstar

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5 Variant
So I finally got my lowline camera (part of the original VW retrofit kit) installed today and I have to say I am bit dissapointed with the resolution quality, it doesn't seem to be very high. No where near as good as the image I had on my BMW, is this normal? I've attached a pic below.
86FBEA9E-DB5D-42CA-BC5D-DAD36CBA0A15.jpeg

Zero1_

Car(s)
2017 Mk 7.5 Golf R
Given it can't be calibrated there's no real benefit to highline over lowline.

That looks like a lowline camera yes.
Sorry to bring up an oldish thread, but better to have information in one place than several

A couple of questions if you don't mind

For what reason can't it be calibrated? Is it to do with the head unit, or does no one have the software/bits to do it? If I had a dealership fit the highline camera, would they be able to calibrate it?

Is there any difference in camera/video quality between the two? The lowline looks like a low resolution composite signal

If I ask my dealership to supply and fit this, how many parts are required? I know there is obviously the cable and the camera/badge unit itself but are there any other parts/fixings I'm missing?

I've also heard about a bug or something that causes parking sensors not to work when the highline camera is fitted. Is this true? Is it just a case of incorrect coding or anything?

Weighing up the options. I like the idea of the multiple different views and guidelines, but if the camera quality is the same as the basic one, it can't be calibrated and you may lose parking sensors, then low line does't seem like much of a downgrade

Cheers

Silverstar

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5 Variant
Sorry to bring up an oldish thread, but better to have information in one place than several

For what reason can't it be calibrated? Is it to do with the head unit, or does no one have the software/bits to do it? If I had a dealership fit the highline camera, would they be able to calibrate it?

Is there any difference in camera/video quality between the two? The lowline looks like a low resolution composite signal

If I ask my dealership to supply and fit this, how many parts are required? I know there is obviously the cable and the camera/badge unit itself but are there any other parts/fixings I'm missing?

I've also heard about a bug or something that causes parking sensors not to work when the highline camera is fitted. Is this true? Is it just a case of incorrect coding or anything?

Weighing up the options. I like the idea of the multiple different views and guidelines, but if the camera quality is the same as the basic one, it can't be calibrated and you may lose parking sensors, then low line does't seem like much of a downgrade

Cheers
I am sure someone here with more knowledge / experience will be along shortly but this is my experience having had the camera fitted some time ago.

The high line camera with guide lines can be calibrated by the main dealer or someone that has the equipment to do it but from what I recall the resolution is exactly the same as the low line. I had my camera fitted by an auto electrician and is cost me around £400 all in but if I took it the main dealer to have the high line fitted it would cost closer to a grand, in my opinion the cost vs benefit does not make sense hence why I went with the low line. I have had no issues with the parking sensors. I believe the kit comes with everything needed to install the camera.

Finally even though the resolution is crap, it's still extremely useful and helpful to have.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Cheers
Dealer won't be able to calibrate it.

You need the camera with a Golf dataset and they're as rare as hen's teeth.

geraldi29

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7 CHHB

Cheers

You only need to have the cables, the camera, and the emblem/badge. the emblem motor and the camera have different Part Number. Mine was 5ND980556 for the camera and 3GG827469 for the emblem motor/set

It works fine in my case. But when I press the park pilot button on the center console, the OPS display doesn't show up. But when I'm reversing, the camera feed dan the OPS show up.

I've tried calibrating my highline camera using DIY VAS6350, but always fails. But when I upload the correct parameters for it, the lines were corrected, and it works fine. So I guess, even if you couldn't calibrate it, you could try uploading the correct parameters

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Finally available huh? I'd been bugging the VCP team for months before giving up :)
I don't have much experience with parameterization yet, but I believe .XML files are ODIS dumps than can be used with VCP.
And VCP is releasing .ZDC files or something.