GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking my GTI

Korydogg

Ready to race!
When I park in a parking lot I always look for other GTIs to park next to. Anyone else do this? If there aren't any Ill park next to a modded car of some kind or a car that looks to be owned by an enthusiast.

On another note, I usually back into parking spots.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I used to park next to other "cars". Now a days i just park where ever is closest/whats open lol.
Im like 50/50 on back in vs pull in.

CHerna

Ready to race!
My parking priority

1. Parking spots that are on a corner, edge or next to an island - which give me room to park on the brink of the spot to leave me as far from the other car as possible. With a car on only one side, you reduce door dings by 50% already.

2. Far away, back of the lot

3. Next to a potential car enthusiast or at least someone who appears to care about their car.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Yep

My parking priority

1. Parking spots that are on a corner, edge or next to an island - which give me room to park on the brink of the spot to leave me as far from the other car as possible. With a car on only one side, you reduce door dings by 50% already.

3. Next to a potential car enthusiast or at least someone who appears to care about their car.

I'm the same way. One thing I also do is try and park next to a car that looks to be taken care of. Usually the lady in the '92 Buick lasabre that's rusting apart doesn't care to grab her door handle on a windy day.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I park where no one else wants to park and hope no one parks next to me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My parking priority

same, and also usually back in for scene points :) bonus for parking next to other cool cars is they also hopefully dont like door dings, and it helps me look like i actually have friends which helps pull me out of my crippling depression slightly

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
I always park in a corner spot and far away from anyone to avoid door dings. I don't seek out GTI's to park next to as the likelihood of seeing another GTI here is slim to none as this is truck country.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
for 4 years I have parked my GTI at the back of every parking lot to avoid dings. Now for some reason I do not care at all and park in the closest available spot.

avni

Ready to race!
LOL I always park next to GTIs or any VW that looks good.

I don't go out of my way though if a parking has adequate space i will park there.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
My parking priority

This, except reverse #2 and #1.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
i thought the same thing, but depending on where you are parking.... in an empty lot with shopping carts on a windy day... :yikes:

The move there is to park at the top of any inclines...or if parking far away puts you at the bottom, try to park "behind" a curb or some other obstacle that affords protection.