GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking brake when off by itself

ChrisB2kGolf

Car(s)
Golf S MK7.5
Hello as iwmtom I had this for two years and complained and complained and then complained some more it’s all still logged with Vw. When I spoke to one guy. I said you can’t get out your car with engine and handbrake applied as it could potentially come off and they just shrugged it off. I told on the local school run there is children walking in front and behind my car and could potentially hurt someone . My little girl one day was in front of the car when it released it self just after I started it so it’s very serious but 2 years and around 8 dealership visits and no joy . Mine when off when only lifting off the clutch when starting the car and the advice was don’t use the clutch when staring the car which I then pointed out the car won’t start without the clutch engaged . In the end I got used to it and always kept my foot on the brake. But it’s a serious defect
Hi Mikey,

Sorry I've just seen this! So first off, sorry for not getting back sooner.

Sorry to hear the length you've gone through with this car, I have not had such a negative impact due to the defect but it does worry me a lot, and I too keep my foot on the brake as much as possible. I am still going to chase the dealership on this and see what is said as I like you and IWMTom, I don't believe this is standard functionality as they said to Tom and I don't think they should just be allowed to shrug this off.

I'll keep this post updated as I get on but I am very busy over the next week or so, and so I might not have an update for a while.

IWMTom

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Mikey,

Sorry I've just seen this! So first off, sorry for not getting back sooner.

Sorry to hear the length you've gone through with this car, I have not had such a negative impact due to the defect but it does worry me a lot, and I too keep my foot on the brake as much as possible. I am still going to chase the dealership on this and see what is said as I like you and IWMTom, I don't believe this is standard functionality as they said to Tom and I don't think they should just be allowed to shrug this off.

I'll keep this post updated as I get on but I am very busy over the next week or so, and so I might not have an update for a while.
I wish you the best of luck! Please do keep us updated :)

Wooders28

Car(s)
Golf
Just been directed to this thread off the main page, as I've the same issue.

I've almost run over the Mrs carrying our baby, I've almost hit a parked car in the supermarket, and the Mrs has hit her car!!

So, tough titty deal with it, is VW's official answer?...😡