GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint trap

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
On my commute to work this morning some kind individual spilt a shitload of white paint all over a roundabout approx 10 minutes before I arrived at the roundabout. It was all over 60% of the roundabout including both entry lanes from my direction. I had no choice but to drive through it.

The result is both wheel arches, suspension, flaps etc on the driver side caked in white paint, white tyres, paint all up the driver side of the car and splattered over 20% of the underside.

I've had to lose a day at work to deal with this and no one was available to clean the car for me.

After a day of blasting, cleaning and claying the rear arch is ruined due to the cheap fabric texture of the arch absorbing the paint, the tyres remain white on the tread (not a big deal) but the worst part - I was unable to remove the paint from the lower textured area of the sills.

The car is black and I've only had it back for 3 days after having the bumper repaired and resprayed.

I am super pissed.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
It was water based latex paint which means methylated spirits saved the bodywork, still has paint underneath and the rear arch, whilst annoying as hell it's good enough to move on.

ChrisK

Ready to race!
It’s surprising how often that happen as I’ve had that happen to me and I know my daughter had it happen to her a couple of years ago.

I don’t suppose you know what type of vehicle it fell from but I bet it was white and was a van.:D