GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint Protection... Has anyone got it done?

UlfB

Ok, car was dropped of at Al Nabooda for the paint protection by Protech. Will let you guys know what it comes out like.

On a side note anyone having problems with there front parking sensors..? Mine are really doing my head in. Nothing obvious in line of sight but still the damn sensor is panicking.

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, car was dropped of at Al Nabooda for the paint protection by Protech. Will let you guys know what it comes out like.

On a side note anyone having problems with there front parking sensors..? Mine are really doing my head in. Nothing obvious in line of sight but still the damn sensor is panicking.

I have the same problem Ulfb, even if there is a small bump on the road it starts panicking and automatically reduces the volume of the music as well.
Usually happens on the left side of the car. Not extreme left but I am thinking near the Number plate.

If you don't mind, how much did that Paint protection set you back?

I was on Facebook and came across this page randomly - https://www.facebook.com/Autohausme

Apparently, they have this Liquid Glass Paint Protection for the GTI - https://scontent-b-sin.xx.fbcdn.net...509_271433809693039_7622036499592791675_n.jpg

I have inquired about the products they use and the pricing but they haven't got in touch yet.
But from the reviews, i am guessing these guys do a good job.

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The sensors do act up..had to turn them off from being automatically turned on .. (settings on your main display unit)... They now only turn on when you plonk it into reverse. Otherwise I just use the button... It's a wide spread issue! Waiting for an update in the software..

UlfB

Sanaveed, my paint protection was complimentary as the dealer managed to get small scratches and blemishes on the car when i was collecting it. The sales manager agreed to pay for the detailing as an apology. I can ask him how much the costs is and will post picks and feedback when i get the car back tomorrow.

I had a look at the AutoHausme site and thats quite close for me. Some of the pictures posted are quite impressive.

I was supposed to have it back today, however i also mentioned the sensor problem so there investigating. I have the same left sensor issue and one of the guys indicated it could be due to signal deflection of the number plat triggering it - sounds very unlikely but they are investigating it. Will let you know if its fixed and what the final solution was.

Looks like the sensor issue is a recurring problem across all the cars, irrespective of where they were purchased.

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey UlfB,

Good thing you got it complimentary. Well, Al Nabooda is charging 2700 AED.
Autohaus is charging 2000 AED or more depending on the condition of the car.

Probably next week I'll visit Autohaus as they want to see the car and give me a full review on it.

Do post pictures and let me know :)
What color is your GTI?

UlfB

sanaveed, it's black. Main reason I want to get it paint protected/detailed is so it keeps it's finish. Last gti was also black but the original owner I bought it from didn't really look after it. Was completely messed up and full of swirls when I took ownership of it.

UlfB

UlfB

Just to let you all know. The Protech detailing was quite good. They got out the small scratches I noticed at the time of collection. Paintwork looks suitably polished however I have no idea how to tell if the paint protection is of any value? any clues on how I could check?

They also gave me a box of products which I'm supposed to use to maintain the protection (alloy cleaner, car shampoo, clothes to wash and dry) so looks like quite a serious treatment.

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hi Just wanted to follow up on your original post. Do you feel that the paint protections is worth it now? basing the question on how long its been.

Ive been reading that the paint protection is a bit of a scam as VW already provides this as a standard service and that instead of spending aed 3-4k on paint protetction just get the car detailed for like aed 400 every 6 months

Just to let you all know. The Protech detailing was quite good. They got out the small scratches I noticed at the time of collection. Paintwork looks suitably polished however I have no idea how to tell if the paint protection is of any value? any clues on how I could check?

They also gave me a box of products which I'm supposed to use to maintain the protection (alloy cleaner, car shampoo, clothes to wash and dry) so looks like quite a serious treatment.