GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P11A600 MIL code

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Hey folks, I did a little searching and the only time I was seeing this code come up was on tuned cars.

2016 R bone stock. This will now be the 4th time I have had this code come up. Says Cam Shift Actuator "A" Cylinder 2 with the P code listed in the title.

Has anyone else run in to this? I think it's hilariously convenient that it started a month after my warranty expired. Dealership of course is dragging their heels to get my car in to have a look at it.

It seems to go away just as quickly as it shows up.
Any help would be great

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Might not be much help but my GTI threw "cam shift actuator" codes.
But my codes were different.
I had Autozone do it and I came up with:
P1102 and
P1102PD

But then I pulled them via Bluetooth dongle and got:
My car was/is stock as well and I ended up just clearing the codes but they came back about a month later.

I took it to the dealer and they told me there were faults for the "cam shift actuator" and all they did was switch "csa" 1 with "csa" 2, and cleared the CEL.
It was fine for another month and then it came back.
They ended up replacing a "cam adjuster" and everything has been fine since.
I will note though that the car did feel a bit sluggish off the line at times.

Here is a link to a thread I started on it.
But most of the info there I just said here...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37726

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey folks, I did a little searching and the only time I was seeing this code come up was on tuned cars.

2016 R bone stock. This will now be the 4th time I have had this code come up. Says Cam Shift Actuator "A" Cylinder 2 with the P code listed in the title.

Has anyone else run in to this? I think it's hilariously convenient that it started a month after my warranty expired. Dealership of course is dragging their heels to get my car in to have a look at it.

It seems to go away just as quickly as it shows up.
Any help would be great

You have over 60,000 miles on your car?

vwRways

I had similar experience as vbrad. Dealer swapped solenoid from cylinder 1 on my car to cylinder4. Code has not come back.

If code comes back and moved from cylinder1 to cylinder4 (in my case), this indicates bad solenoid. If same code returns, then camshaft issue.

The camshaft solenoid is a $40-$50 part as I recall. There are 8 of them (2 per cylinder) on top of engine near spark plugs. One bolt and one electrical connector. If off warranty, I would consider DIY.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
You have over 60,000 miles on your car?

Ah ok, didn't realize we actually got a 60k power train warranty.
Yes, I was thinking of the bumper to bumper.

I bought the car in July of 2015. And the check engine light is officially on permanently now. Car is running like shit.

Time to start yelling at the dealer to get it in sooner.
(luckily I bought the 7/70 platinum warranty)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Ah ok, didn't realize we actually got a 60k power train warranty.
Yes, I was thinking of the bumper to bumper.

I bought the car in July of 2015. And the check engine light is officially on permanently now. Car is running like shit.

Time to start yelling at the dealer to get it in sooner.
(luckily I bought the 7/70 platinum warranty)

Yeah shouldn't be a problem getting them to take care of it then.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Well dealership finally got me scheduled for next friday to have a look. Had to wait until they could get me a loaner. Wonder what they'll give me.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
And as per standard procedure the check engine light goes off the day I take the car in. Whatever, it's popped on at least 4 times now, so it still needs fixing.
They gave me a 2017 Tiguan S as the loaner, and wow, you don't realize how posh our R is until you get a poverty spec CUV. No XM radio, no leather, no seat heaters, and here's the worst part. I have to pull the key out of my pocket. Never thought I'd say those words. It has start/stop too yet somehow still manages to get lower fuel economy than my R.

Miss the car already.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
They gave me a 2017 Tiguan S as the loaner, and wow, you don't realize how posh our R is until you get a poverty spec CUV. No XM radio, no leather, no seat heaters, and here's the worst part. I have to pull the key out of my pocket. Never thought I'd say those words. It has start/stop too yet somehow still manages to get lower fuel economy than my R.

It must have been a Limited, since the '17 S had Kessy.
BUT no first gen Tiguans had start/stop though...so iono

Was it the newer 2018, second gen?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
And as per standard procedure the check engine light goes off the day I take the car in. Whatever, it's popped on at least 4 times now, so it still needs fixing.

Miss the car already.

Man my Truck gets worse gas mileage than my car even though they have the same engine... what gives?

I know that's a bit more extreme, but the Tiguan weighs quite a bit more than an R. It also has a different engine of some sort... I don't quite know about that other than it has a different engine code and can't use the gen. 3 tuning.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Since I never updated this. It was just as the obd11 told me. They replaced that sensor. Took 4 days at the dealership for them to look at the car, and an hour to fix it. Good stuff.
Anyhoo, new problem has arisen, new thread to follow.