GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P050A00 Fault

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Had this twice.

Cold start idle air control system performance.
P050A000. Intermittent.

Can someone give me some info why I'm throwing this code?

Thanks!

Chris

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
No, I'm not tuned. Air box and all hoses are in place. Never touched anything under the hood.

Only change I've made is two OBDEleven tweaks. Auto start/stop voltage tweak. Throttle response tweak.

I haven't gone to the dealer, because I just saw this 30 minutes ago. Thought I would get some advice here first. I thought maybe this was a minor fault that was common. Is it not?

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Just to be clear, I didn't have a CEL or any warning lights. I saw this in OBDEleven.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Changed voltage back to default and cleared codes. Didn't throw it again.

I guess I need to wait for cold engine start to see if it returns?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Exactly. Hopefully it was just a random issue or caused by your coding somehow. Otherwise it's an issue with the throttle body. Warranty will take care of it should it be an actual issue. Not sure if they would do anything about it until it sets a CEL, which should only take a few cold starts for it to set.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Good to know. Thanks W&T.

I just checked history again. The first time the P050A code was thrown was before I did the voltage tweak. So I have now removed the Throttle Response tweak as well. We'll see.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

If it turns out to be the OBD11 tweak for auto stop start just disconnect auto start stop from the battery. Guaranteed no CEL from that.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
If it turns out to be the OBD11 tweak for auto stop start just disconnect auto start stop from the battery. Guaranteed no CEL from that.

I think I'll do that. Not really feeling comfortable with changing things now. Seems like maybe there are some changes in the 2019 ECU that haven't been accounted for in OBD11.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Still no more faults. I guess it's safe to say it was the OBD11 throttle response tweak that was causing it.