GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p049100 code

Static337

Passed Driver's Ed
Had an 02 sensor code before and fixed the bank 1 o2 sensor. I had a vag com before when I was getting the o2 sensor code. Still was getting a check engine light after replacing. Now I have an obd11 and am getting the p049100 code for sai fault in bank 1. I checked all of the hoses and have no leaks. Still getting the check engine light on cold starts every 2 days or so. Im thinking a faulty switch on the sai possibly. I have no symptoms other then the light coming on after start up. Anyone have any ideas?

Static337

Passed Driver's Ed
pop hose off and feel for suction. no suction=no pump. If no pump then crawl up under and remove under shield and inspect pump wiring and connector. use multimeter to check for voltage at cold start. If there's voltage then pump is bad.
I just tested thru obd11 wouldnt turn on thru that. Also checked the valve or solenoid and those clicked. Not sure if the obd11 check is sufficient enough.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Still waiting for it to come in the mail. Trying to figure out also what the best way to get to it is. Seems like pulling the front bumper might be the best?

I hope that's the problem. By the way you have a great racetrack in your city. Always look forward to the NHRA meet there.