GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0413 code

KingOfSpades007

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've been dealing with a P0413 for a few months now. It would come and go randomly. I finally took a look at the combi valve last weekend and ran tests through OBD11. Both the solenoid and pump tests worked everytime no matter how much I wiggled the cables / connector. Only been a week but It hasnt come back yet despite ~500 miles and multiple redline pulls. Like you said maybe my connector or sensor was just loose. Probably unrelated, but I also cleaned my air intake filter and SAI filter the same time I played around with the Combi valve connectors.

Knowing my luck it will come back this afternoon because I wrote the post.
I had the same observations when I was troubleshooting this issue. Valve actuated no problem with no end of wiggling wires from me. Monitoring the pressures when the pump/valve are on/actuating, they seemed pretty constant, which suggested to me no leak or anything like that.

I hate parts-cannoning things but that's what I did and bought the 06K131097AA kombi valve and it's seemed to have done the trick. I have the old one sat in the basement and thinking about dissecting it, but really I don't expect to see anything glaring.

In your case, if it's not coming back relatively quickly, I'd think that the connector may have been loose??

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Well it lasted about 11 days and the CEL came Back. Got the usual P041300 and a new P049100 - SAI system Insufficent flow. I am going to suck it up and have the combi valve replaced next week.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
A few weeks have gone by....no codes, no CELs. SAI is functioning correctly. Loose connector on that combi valve was it.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Well it lasted about 11 days and the CEL came Back. Got the usual P041300 and a new P049100 - SAI system Insufficent flow. I am going to suck it up and have the combi valve replaced next week.
I bought a new SAI combo valve back in January and took my car to a shop to have replaced. They disconnected the plug and found it was covered in soot. They cleaned the connector and told me to wait and see. No issues for 6 or 7 weeks and then out of nowhere it came back today 😭. I already returned the new combi valve fml 🤦‍♂️. I was at the track last weekend so maybe it got extra dirty again?

AlexRok

Ready to race!
I've got this same code.
P0413- circuit open. When i check the connector the wires are tight but not obviously broken. The connector does not seem like it is dirty. The tests for relay and the sai pump work fine on vcds- so seems like the wiring is fine?
What pressure values can i inspect before parts cannoning? This issue came up overnight after I took the car to the track and drove it pretty hard. I have a catless downpipe and unitronic is38 tune.
Any advice appreciated.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Same. It's in the shop right now.

I'll update when I know something but reading through I gathered possible problems

1) connector messed up so solder new plug with additional wire because too taught
2) clean plug with compressed air. Bad connection
3) SAI pump bad. Replace

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've got this same code.
P0413- circuit open. When i check the connector the wires are tight but not obviously broken. The connector does not seem like it is dirty. The tests for relay and the sai pump work fine on vcds- so seems like the wiring is fine?
What pressure values can i inspect before parts cannoning? This issue came up overnight after I took the car to the track and drove it pretty hard. I have a catless downpipe and unitronic is38 tune.
Any advice appreciated.
Unplug replug.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Replaced the valve, connector. All is good

1000010213.jpg

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
All, I may have finally found the final and ultimate fix for this code.

I have been fighting this code for many years, it's always been an electrical issue. Once replaced the valve (useless, because the valve was fine). Replaced the wiring and plug and that fixed it for a little bit until it came back. I had a thing going where I would just replace that plug every couple months (its a $10 part and quick to change. 07P973702 in MonkeyMD's post above), but that sometimes didn't work. Sometimes used compressed air to clean sockets, sometimes used dielectric grease with varying success but the code always comes back.

Even when I have "fixed" it, wiggling the wiring while doing an output test would still cause the electrical connection to open.

The fix: slightly bend the prongs in the valve socket to ensure a strong electrical connection when you plug the harness in. With this, I can wiggle the wiring all I want while performing an output test and the connection will not fail.

You're welcome.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
All, I may have finally found the final and ultimate fix for this code.

I have been fighting this code for many years, it's always been an electrical issue. Once replaced the valve (useless, because the valve was fine). Replaced the wiring and plug and that fixed it for a little bit until it came back. I had a thing going where I would just replace that plug every couple months (its a $10 part and quick to change. 07P973702 in MonkeyMD's post above), but that sometimes didn't work. Sometimes used compressed air to clean sockets, sometimes used dielectric grease with varying success but the code always comes back.

Even when I have "fixed" it, wiggling the wiring while doing an output test would still cause the electrical connection to open.

The fix: slightly bend the prongs in the valve socket to ensure a strong electrical connection when you plug the harness in. With this, I can wiggle the wiring all I want while performing an output test and the connection will not fail.

You're welcome.
Agreed. It's a connector issue. My valve and wiring never needed to be replaced...just the connector getting a little loose. Hasn't returned in over a year but could today 🤣🤣🤣

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Coming back to say that I replaced the sai pump and sensor in April and haven’t had an issue since.

AlexRok

Ready to race!
Unplug replug.
For the record,
I was checking the wrong connector. The locking tab was ejected. I didn't get the code for a few months after that and have since sold the car.
It is weird because I'm the only one to ever work on the car and I certainly never disconnected the connector. So for the locking tab to be outwards, is strange.

tigeo

Autocross Champion