GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0413 code

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I think the high boost must be what is killing these solenoids. Interesting that it seems to be higher failure rate on Eurodyne cars....
I'm surprised you didn't have rough idle at startup, that was the first tip to me that something was wrong.

My idle was a touch rough, but nothing alarming. It is a bit smoother now for sure. I honestly believe it has been going out for a while, but only started throwing a code in December/January or so. Will have to check my OBDEleven history.

The solenoid piston/component facing the inside of the block most definitely looked cooked haha. Obviously going to be covered in carbon, but my valve was dead as dead can be. Not surprised considering I was running up to 32psi when my e85 tune was in process. Running my 91oct tune at 26-27psi currently.

Last edited:

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
When deleting the pump does the monitor actually throw a code or does it just sit unready?. I can pass emission with one monitor incomplete or unready and would prefer to do a delete as my idle seems to be getting pretty rough and I've ruled out everything else. I also don't have cats so no point.

Also, the golf R and s3 don't even have one. :p

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Take it no one has found anything in vagcom to make the car pretend it's an R without it installed?
I've done this with other stuff like brake pads wear sensors where you can toggle installed or not-installed.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Take it no one has found anything in vagcom to make the car pretend it's an R without it installed?
I've done this with other stuff like brake pads wear sensors where you can toggle installed or not-installed.
Smart!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I wonder if it has to do with this in the engine unit/long coding? Just need someone with a Golf R to see.
Screenshot_20210323-151625_OBDeleven.jpg

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Hmm when I get off work I'm gonna go play around as well and see what I can find

Edit EU4 and EU6 refer to euro emission standards with EU6 being more strict.
SULEV refers to US emission standards.

Edit 2 - EU4 is really relaxed for emissions, coming out in 2005 compared to EU6 in 2014.
I wonder if switching would help people with downpipes and o2 sensors not throw codes

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
More fun info PR 7GH refers to something with the intake system. However, all that I can find is from Russian sites and the translations are sloppy

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Welp. Now begins the quest to diagnose random misfires. My car has 63000 miles on it. Pulled plugs last night, and they were perfect. Gap had opened up .01-.02 at the most over 8k miles. Replaced the 7348-9s with 7347-9s set. Gapped tighter down to .021-.022 for my higher boost. The misfires are across all cylinders; no standouts. I do believe I had some bad gas (no idea why I started using Hy-Vee gas; bad idea). Topped up with 9.5 gallons of 93 (still on my 91 tune with super conservative timing) and it cleaned up the misfires for sure once it mixed. Still get small quantities of misfires, but nowhere like the numbers I was seeing once I logged it in OBDEleven.

I remember seeing some posts about removing or disconnecting the N112 valve. Any insights on that?

I have a good inclination that it is the PCV valve with my mileage and current modification levels. Inspected it yesterday and it most definitely had oil seepage along the front edge of the valve, and build up on top. I have also had a consistent "whistle" during boost onset. Definitely not turbo death-whine haha. Thought it was just the new turbo being noisier. In reflecting back to before my turbo replacement, my PCV was probably failing while my IS20 was still installed as the noise was present. The higher airflow levels make it super pronounced at low RPM. Waste gate duty levels are right in line with where they were tuning back in September/October.

Gonna double check my plate and make sure the bolts haven't worked loose. I didn't put any thread locker on like an idiot. It was in my socket set and didn't cross my mind for some reason.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
63k? replace the pcv.

Thanks for the sanity check. Already ordered from FCP. Should be here Friday. Have a new PCV -> TIP hose as well (the squeeze lock type thank goodness). I mangled the ever living crap out of the original when I swapped from my Unitronic TIP to my DBV2. Seals weren't damaged, so I have been running it. Not a single drop of oil on the outside of the TIP. I have seen plenty of posts of people complaining that they leak after installing a new TIP. Never had a leak on my Unitronic TIP either.

Saw your responses in another misfire thread. Mine were pretty in line with those but want to make sure things are tidy before summer.

Last edited:

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
I think the high boost must be what is killing these solenoids. Interesting that it seems to be higher failure rate on Eurodyne cars....
I'm surprised you didn't have rough idle at startup, that was the first tip to me that something was wrong.
Quick follow up on this post.

is the primary part that’s causing the p0413 code the combination valve or is it something else on that assembly ?

2019mk75gti

Car(s)
2019 gti
It’s the valve.
Are there multiple valves or the “combination valve”

also when u had the issue I noticed u said u got a rough idle which is what I’m getting now.

did u ever get to check STFT or LTFT values during that rough idle ? Because I’m getting up to a -30% value in both when I feel the rough Idle that feels semi like the car running rich then compensating as the idle gets rough.