GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0413 code

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Its not legal for the dealer to do that, Magnusson Moss warranty act. The dealer had to prove your modifications caused the failure.
Yeah, they’re full of it. My first time in 3 years. Never going back.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
We had a guy at the honda dealer i work at with a type r that threw a rod. Our service manager initially said the they wouldn't warranty it because of the mods. From what I was told, the customer mentioned lawyers and Magnusson Moss. They ended up covering it.

It can't hurt to threated them with lawyers for going against Magnusson Moss. The worse thing that can happen is they still say no.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
We had a guy at the honda dealer i work at with a type r that threw a rod. Our service manager initially said the they wouldn't warranty it because of the mods. From what I was told, the customer mentioned lawyers and Magnusson Moss. They ended up covering it.

It can't hurt to threated them with lawyers for going against Magnusson Moss. The worse thing that can happen is they still say no.
I’m sure you are right, it’s just not my style.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Maybe I’m part of the minority, but I’ve always believed if your changing the hardware and software of the car they have a warranty for… why should it be covered?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Maybe I’m part of the minority, but I’ve always believed if your changing the hardware and software of the car they have a warranty for… why should it be covered?
because the changes made are unrelated to the problem

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
because the changes made are unrelated to the problem
Car makers do it on purpose. The only way to take them to task is to file a lawsuit. Which will cost more than to just fix it. So car makers will continue to do bs like this, and we as the customer can't really do shit about it. It is infuriating

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Car makers do it on purpose. The only way to take them to task is to file a lawsuit. Which will cost more than to just fix it. So car makers will continue to do bs like this, and we as the customer can't really do shit about it. It is infuriating
Eh I've had a couple of big repairs made under warranty despite them knowing the car is modded and tuned. They did give me some hassle, but didn't require a lawsuit. One of those repairs was even covered under a warranty that was technically no longer valid (and I don't mean because of the TD1)

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
If it’s unrelated it should be covered. Let’s say my water pump failing, radiator leaking, steering rack toasted all of that should be covered…

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
If it’s unrelated it should be covered. Let’s say my water pump failing, radiator leaking, steering rack toasted all of that should be covered…
It's more than that. The modification has to have directly caused the fault. Say your tuned, and your crank walks taking you engine out. That should be covered. A tune isn't gonna cause a thrust bearing failure.

KingOfSpades007

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I concur with those who’ve identified the wiring harness/plug to be the issue. Has anyone identified a proper fix when replacing ?
See post #94 in this thread. Seems like new wires/terminals spliced in to replace the end of the harness near the connector did the trick.

Was this confirmed with a wiggle test also?

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
See post #94 in this thread. Seems like new wires/terminals spliced in to replace the end of the harness near the connector did the trick.

Was this confirmed with a wiggle test also?
I already replaced the wires/terminals previously, so my wire is long now. I am going ahead and replacing just the connector.

Can confirm via output test the valve itself is fine

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The connector gets dirty, try blasting it with contact cleaner

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I already replaced the wires/terminals previously, so my wire is long now. I am going ahead and replacing just the connector.

Can confirm via output test the valve itself is fine
Mine still pops a soft code now and then, it's got to be the wiring/connector is all. Valve works fine when I do the output test. I've just given up worrying about it. As long as I don't get CELs I'm good. Dealer re-wired it which worked great for a few mos. before it came back. I think originally when they replaced the valve that the valve was fine and it was the wiring/connector.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It's more than that. The modification has to have directly caused the fault. Say your tuned, and your crank walks taking you engine out. That should be covered. A tune isn't gonna cause a thrust bearing failure.
No, MM doesn't cover all of the aftermarket peformance bits folks here are doing forcing the manufacturer to prove it was the cause. In the '70s when the MMA was written, the intent and how it relates to autos is simply to prevent manafacturers from requiring you as a consumer to use their brand of parts/service to maintain your warranty. That's it. It has nothing to do with tunes and aftermarket performance parts. Example - you would use a Fram filter and Mobil 1 oil (correct filter and oil has the right approval), have an engine issue, and VW can't deny your warranty claim b/c of "aftermarket" parts with aftermarket meaning non-VW oil and oil filter and would have to prove that these parts were the cause of the failure - MMA has you here. MMA gets thrown around like it's some holy grail you walk into the dealership with your tuned car with a larger turbo etc. and they can't deny coverage for things...I can tell you, they can if the modification could have ANY impact on the part that failed espeically if they think VW will balk and no pay the claim. So crank walk and tuned for more power...are you kidding? Denied. SAI combi valve? They covered mine while modded. Water pump? Sure. Take a watch from a lawyer who does this: