GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P/N for Overhead Console?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

I'm doing a project that will involve cutting a hole in my overhead console. When I do something like that, I usually buy a replacement part and then cut THAT instead of the stock part. My practice allows me to recover quickly from errors and/or put the car back to stock without flaws.

Anyway, looking at this thread on removing the console, I found a photo with the P/N: 5G0 867 489 A:

However, this P/N does not come up in a parts search. Looking at this page (item #5), I think I found an appropriate item, P/N: 5G0 868 837 82V (without sunroof, with storage tray). At that price, is it safe to figure it does not come with the CarNet and Bluetooth microphone? I don't need CarNet, but I do need the mic.

Can anyone comment with helpful advice? Am I on the right path? I suspect I could get the entire assembly by visiting a junkyard.

Thanks!

Scott

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thanks for the info! I need to remove the console to see how much room I have for mounting stuff behind the smooth part above the CarNet buttons. I can't find photos that show that very well. Does anyone know if the microphone and CarNet are separate? Can the button panel be removed without affecting the microphone? My CarNet module is already disabled, so I'm not worried about codes.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the info! I need to remove the console to see how much room I have for mounting stuff behind the smooth part above the CarNet buttons. I can't find photos that show that very well. Does anyone know if the microphone and CarNet are separate? Can the button panel be removed without affecting the microphone? My CarNet module is already disabled, so I'm not worried about codes.

As memory serves, the carnet module is not located there. That's just the buttons for it. Actual module is driver side behind dash/console/HUD (according to diagrams). My understanding from other threads is that you can disable carnet, but if you remove that module, your mic won't function. I don't see why removing the buttons would cause a fault though (or disconnecting them). Easy way to determine would to be just unplug them, and see if bluetooth still functions.