GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OZ Alleggerita HLT 17x8 opinions?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I like the idea of cutting 50 pounds from the car. I like the design of this wheel, I like the cheaper tire prices on the 17", and the roads on my town aren't so great in the first place.

What tire size did you end up with on your 17s?

What are your opinions on the OZ Alleggerita?

Is there anything to hate about this wheel?

What are the downsides to going with wider tires? Are there any good 17x9 options?

I would like to make an informed decision before spending 2k. I tried searching the forums for this wheel, but only found a bunch of threads of people trying to sell bent ones :)

Attachments

• oz.JPG
    oz.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I switched to 17" from 18" I went with 235-45-17. I don't know the weight of your stock wheels but I saved 36 lbs total by getting the Motegi MR131 in 17". Those were $150 per wheel.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's rounded up for sure, I believe something in the 40s but the nitty-gritty isn't so much of a big deal. Less weight is a bonus, not the #1 thing im concerned with.

This is what I am considering, do you have any pictures of your car with the wheels mounted?

This guy looks like he has the same as you. https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/8sb8em
Yes that's the one.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
What are your opinions on the OZ Alleggerita?

Is there anything to hate about this wheel?
I think they look great and the weight reduction is a bonus. I've been running these wheels (18x8) now for over three years and I have had no issues with them. The only thing I don't like is the provided OZ center caps. The top clear layer delaminates from the "carbon fibre" underneath over time. This has happened over the course of 2 summer seasons and now I'm on my second set of center caps. Otherwise a great wheel imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It's rounded up for sure, I believe something in the 40s but the nitty-gritty isn't so much of a big deal. Less weight is a bonus, not the #1 thing im concerned with.

This is what I am considering, do you have any pictures of your car with the wheels mounted?

This guy looks like he has the same as you. https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/8sb8em

17s looks sooo good at that height