GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Overheating under load

goni

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, i have a 2014 GTD , its happening twice now that car is overheating while driving uphills in mountains with bit more load in car , 3persons or more , but never when driving alone . The guage goes a bit over 90 and then fan kick on and goes back to normal but if i keep accelerating it will go higher . In normal driving the temp stays between 92-103C measured with obeleven, and when the gauge moved it was 109 , with oil temp also at 126C . Can it be waterpump bc when replaced a year ago it was not genuine ? Thermostat or head gasket ? Any experiences? Thank you

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
How is your coolant level?

goni

Passed Driver's Ed
Coolant when warmed up was always just a tiny bit over max line, I removed some of it so when it warms up now its in between the min and max line, but never lost coolant since 2years i own it

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
When warmed up the coolant is pressured and it's normal that reads high. When cold should be between the max and min line.
If your coolant (with car cold) reads between the max and min line and you are not loosing coolant, it means that the coolant should be flowing and the car shouldn't overheat...
I would say look at the thermostat/water pump first.
Double check your coolant level with a cold engine, get under the car, remove the under pan and double check for leaks.