GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Over boost after gear shift spike to 2.6Bar...

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Over boost after gear shift spike to 2.6Bar, shift at 6800 RPM ,and fall back to 5000RPM after shift

Gear 3rd to 4th spike to 2.5Bar

Gear 4th to 5th spike to 2.6bar

No overboost on single gear pull, such as gear 4 2000 to 7000RPM

any advice will be much appreciated.....

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I assume diverter valve issue would still rear its head when you let off during a single gear pull scenario. Crazy high boost and/or compressor surge.

Got a datalog? Both shifting thru the gears vs single gear scenario.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
DV doesnt open on gear shift. Turbine wastegate does.

What tune do you have?

DV definitely opens on gear shift, well when you let off the accelerator anyway. VW uses the DV for boost control quite often with the electronic DV's. I guess with a no lift shift tune it could be controlled strictly with the wastegate if that is how a tuner chooses to do it. I know my DSG will open the DV between shifts when floored occasionally.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
DV doesnt open on gear shift. Turbine wastegate does.

What tune do you have?
revo stage 3 is38 etr

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
i use turbosmart DV....

littco

Ready to race!
DV definitely opens on gear shift, well when you let off the accelerator anyway. VW uses the DV for boost control quite often with the electronic DV's. I guess with a no lift shift tune it could be controlled strictly with the wastegate if that is how a tuner chooses to do it. I know my DSG will open the DV between shifts when floored occasionally.

On a manual it will open . On Dsg the timing just get pulled, throttle stays open and wastegate opens as well.

Almost guarantee this is a mapping issue. Torque maps not correct

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
On a manual it will open . On Dsg the timing just get pulled, throttle stays open and wastegate opens as well.

Almost guarantee this is a mapping issue. Torque maps not correct
if I try to make fall back to 5500+RPM, it spikes to 2.2bar then drop back to 1.9 to 2.0bar at 6000.

otherwise if RPM fall back to 5000RPM after gear switch ,I will see 2.5 to 2.6bar spike depending on gears...

how can I get it resolve?

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
So is this off a stand alone boost gauge or data log? Hopefully you're not reading the boost pressure from the infotainment

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
So is this off a stand alone boost gauge or data log? Hopefully you're not reading the boost pressure from the infotainment
from boost gauge
In data log it showing reach the map sensor limit 3001mbar

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Are you reading ambient pressure as well as your positive boost pressure? If you are reading data from say VCDS or equivalent from the ECM your true boost pressure is your ambient minus your actual boost pressure. So if you are hitting 2.6 bar, you may only be hitting 1.6 bar depending on your conditions. If you a have a photo of your log, it might help to determine what your issue is

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Are you reading ambient pressure as well as your positive boost pressure? If you are reading data from say VCDS or equivalent from the ECM your true boost pressure is your ambient minus your actual boost pressure. So if you are hitting 2.6 bar, you may only be hitting 1.6 bar depending on your conditions. If you a have a photo of your log, it might help to determine what your issue is

here is the logs, 2.999bar is the reading limit of OEM 3bar MAP sensor

actually it is 2.6bar reading from the gauge (3.6bar include ambient )

strange that i didn't see WG was opening after shifting

Attachments

• overboost.jpg
    overboost.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 368
Last edited: