GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Our New GTI

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
it was my first time gunning it actually.

sport traction - rolling from 50 (end of first gear) by 150 he was only by my rear door. yea I'm starting to feel the car is opening up and it even sounds a bit different now.

yes the scirocco is more or less the same as an mk6 GTI

Go Kart Champion
i tried LC later on by myself. its amazing :)

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah we're tottaly loving the car it'll open up bro! Just keep giving it some boost! Cause you know these cars tend to adabt to your driving! So push it once or twice daily that's if u can hold yourself that much! It is just fun to drive!

gtiw7

Ready to race!
wallah thats awesome yeah acceleration is awesome did you notice how long 4th gear is?? yeah you dont have to smoke the tyres its not a drift car lol... but try the launch with sport tractiong you'll love it! so u raced the megan? and how was the outcome?

I didn't notice anything about gearing! (blame DSG LOL)

well it wasn't an official race no 3 honks or so, he went WOT at around 50km/h before me, I was catching him so fast but I had to brake at 160km/h or I would've crashed him (2 lanes road and the other lane was busy)....we stopped at a a traffic light (again I gave him a chance to go before me :p) I passed during 2nd gear so he let off the throttle and so did I, that was a "smart action?!" from his side, otherwise the outcome was gonna be so bad for him ;)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
it was my first time gunning it actually.

sport traction - rolling from 50 (end of first gear) by 150 he was only by my rear door. yea I'm starting to feel the car is opening up and it even sounds a bit different now.

yes the scirocco is more or less the same as an mk6 GTI

Man you should be lucky to even keep up with him!! rolling from 50 at 1st gear?!! you just killed the whole power of the car! the stock turbo is too small to start at high RPMs, your boost at these RPMs is at it's lowest possible
the max torque is available from 1500 to around 4500rpm, at 50km 1st gear you've already passed this range :D (of course that doesn't mean you should start from 1500rpm because you woudn't find any HP there LOL)

you see there are two red line in the speed gauge (in the mk5,6 & 7), one at 30 the other at 50km/h, ever wondered why they're there :rolleyes: I did :D someone in the dealer said it's a sign to indicate where the turbo REALLY starts to open up (or something like that I can't remember lol) 30 for 1st gear & 50km/h for 2nd gear races. well I didn't bought it at first as turbo on these things works as soon as you floor it but when I tried it it actually felt like the engine was in its optimum RPM, when I did stage 2 on my mk5 I used to race from 40km at 1st or 60km at 2nd without sacrificing much power as the downpipe helps to hold more boost at higher RPMs.

If you know the guy try to race him again 50km from 2nd gear results should change :D

now if both cars were in 1st gear then he should be tuned and hiding it lol most people say their cars are stock when they're absolutely not!

Go Kart Champion
^ thanks bro, I don't really know the guy. But I don't really care :D

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
I was curious about the red lines too and they're present in most German cars..

Have a read @ http://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_...speed_limits/current_speed_limit_policies.htm

"
The general speed limit for motorways in EU Member States is mostly 120 or 130 km/h. Germany does not have a general speed limit for motorways, but a recommended speed of 130 km/h. The general speed limit for rural roads in EU Member States is mostly 80 or 90 km/h and for urban roads 50 km/h.
In most countries speed limits that differ from these general limits are applied. Widespread and well known are the 30 km/h zones in residential areas."

So it's basically to define urban/residential speed limits.. :)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I was curious about the red lines too and they're present in most German cars..

Have a read @ http://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_...speed_limits/current_speed_limit_policies.htm

"
The general speed limit for motorways in EU Member States is mostly 120 or 130 km/h. Germany does not have a general speed limit for motorways, but a recommended speed of 130 km/h. The general speed limit for rural roads in EU Member States is mostly 80 or 90 km/h and for urban roads 50 km/h.
In most countries speed limits that differ from these general limits are applied. Widespread and well known are the 30 km/h zones in residential areas."

So it's basically to define urban/residential speed limits.. :)

So the guy in the dealer was bullsh*ting me :confused: now I look like a noob :eek:
Whatever, the power seemed perfect from those speeds from 1st & 2nd gear :eek: