GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Our New GTI

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys just picked my young brothers GTI non performance pack since we dont have them in the gulf yet. but all i can say is wow this car is absolutely a different animal from the MK6 and MK5. car feels faster than the 220bhp , i even raced my friend stock mk6 and guys the pick up of the turbo is way faster and car keeps on pulling all the way till 245KM/h gave him about 3 highway lights and still pulling, where i had to slow down because we were running out road. build quality is just simply better. handling and the new steering is so cool soft and easy when you're parking. And get stiff when you're driving fast and pushing the car. the turbo is in a different place than the older models, you can actually see it there when you pop the hood. Car sounds louder even though it still has 80km since its still new, and i feel the car still didnt open up. i have a feeling this car will be the most mod friendly than the previous models. Loved the pull on 3rd fourth and fifth gear. which you really make use of thats why it kept pulling hard on the MK6 i guess. i dont know how to explain more but all i can say is were loving every bit of it and cant wait till they release the performance upgrades for this car. sorry for the low quality pics i cant really upload the rest, more pics to come soon!

Attachments

• gti2.JPG
    gti2.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 4,089

ovdsm

my congratz. waiting for my own to be delivered soon. with what tires it came out from a factory? i see those are 18 inch.

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys congrats on the new gti , do you guys have the push start button , and what extras did you get with the car?

Thanks alot guys, yeah we have the start button in the middle east we have 2 packages 1 and 2 and 2 being the better one! which has the panoramic sunroof led package which has a beautiful interior lighting too, rear view camera, sensors xenons, basically fully loaded without the Performance pack which im really sad about! but as soon as we can order the parts to tranform it then i will be done! overall this new generation is a totally different rabbit than the MK5&6. and love every bit of it! i just cant wait for the after market performance goodies for this car!!

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Mashalla enjoy it :D You're already racing?! LOL I'm very glad to hear it smokes mk6 by THREE LIGHTS!! thats a humiliation :D I'm still not going beyond 100km/h :eek:

you're Moh'd Naji right?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congrats!!

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Congrats! Can anyone help me out with these questions - in the process of doing a lot of research before I buy mine and most probably have one customized.

1. Anyone from the Middle East have a coloured MFD? For example, when door opens, it shows up in red on the MFD.

2. Another one for the people from Middle East - is the option of the fancy ambient lighting on the door sills available?

3. Has anyone got a video of how the leaving home/coming home lights work? The guys at the showroom are still a tad confused on how they work..

4. Does it bother anyone that the Austin rims are 'directional'? It's really hard to explain on threads but basically, the rims on one side are forward facing and on the other side, facing the rear? Forgive the OCD!

5. Does anyone know if the VW 'Glendale' rims come in 18 inches?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
3. Has anyone got a video of how the leaving home/coming home lights work? The guys at the showroom are still a tad confused on how they work..

I assume these will be pretty much the same as on the Mk.6, i.e. in darkness as sensed by the lighting sensor:

• When you unlock the car, the interior/exterior lights come on and remain on for the period of time set on the MFD*.
  • When you switch off the engine, the interior/exterior lights stay on for the period set on the MFD*.
* 10 - 20 - 30 seconds etc.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Congrats! Can anyone help me out with these questions - in the process of doing a lot of research before I buy mine and most probably have one customized.

1. Anyone from the Middle East have a coloured MFD? For example, when door opens, it shows up in red on the MFD.

as far as I know, you can't customize one in the Middle East, you'd have to choose between package 1 or 2

anyways, Yes MFD is colored on all GTIs

2. Another one for the people from Middle East - is the option of the fancy ambient lighting on the door sills available?

yup, the interior even looks better in reality along with a bright white ambient LEDs :D

I don't have a video, but here is how to do it: leave the lights on "Auto" then whenever you unlock the car (at night) the lights will come on for a prespecified period (10 seconds, 15s....etc)
then when you lock the car (again at night) the lights will stay on for a prespecified period (you can change that period from the touch screen)

the dealer told me nothing about that as will!

4. Does it bother anyone that the Austin rims are 'directional'? It's really hard to explain on threads but basically, the rims on one side are forward facing and on the other side, facing the rear? Forgive the OCD!

It doesn't bother at all!! actually they are very nice when the car is moving from either sides, after all NO ONE is able to see the car from both sides at the same time :p
Go for 19" if it really bothers you :rolleyes:

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Mashalla enjoy it :D You're already racing?! LOL I'm very glad to hear it smokes mk6 by THREE LIGHTS!! thats a humiliation :D I'm still not going beyond 100km/h :eek:

you're Moh'd Naji right?

Yeah lol had to see the difference bitween them, and you can push your car man it's fine! These German beasts come ready breaked in so no need for a break in period! They're strong beasts so enjoy it! Plus if you give it the proper workout your car will be fast ;-) .... Yes I am Mohammed al Naji how did u know lol!? Who are you and where you from!?