GOLFMKV

OT #25 : FAKE Off Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aregister

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Hybrid Jetta 2013
Ahhh, a scumbag in our midst. Go fuck off and die from your horrid diet.
Why am I suddenly being cursed at? Anyways, im not saying your ideas are dumb, in fact, I'm jealous that you have applied yourself to your diet and health. I choose other places to apply myself, hence, frequent fast food. Of which, you are right I will probably die from

Bender1

Banned
I "waste" time relaxing, but that is valuable to me. If I don't have ~2 hours a day to relax I get more and more bitter/angry by the day until I blow up on somebody, it's a mental health thing. So ~11-12 hours on work+commute, ~8 hours asleep, ~1 hour on exercise/shower/dress/undress/whatever, ~2 hours relaxing, ~1/2 hour food, ~1/2 hour doing something actually productive at home = 24 hrs.
So add another 20 minutes for food (max) and re-frame that as relaxing.

I would love to see evidence on something like this. (seriously - why do you say that? Common "wisom" is not sufficient)

Like This?

Bender1

Banned
Why am I suddenly being cursed at? Anyways, im not saying your ideas are dumb, in fact, I'm jealous that you have applied yourself to your diet and health. I choose other places to apply myself, hence, frequent fast food. Of which, you are right I will probably die from

Because you called your wife slave labor.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Halo time.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
look at the nutrition and tell me that you are getting the same "value" for your money. Also, I almost certainly guarantee I spend less in food than you do. People that eat out often truly don't know what they spend.

Here is another great example. My breakfast for the morning. Took me 2 minutes to prepare tonight - will get a scoop of protein powder, a dash of honey, and some chia seeds when it hits the blender (its berries, a banana, and a half grape fruit with two cups of kale). Less time than waiting in line at McDonalds for far less (less than a dollar in ingredients here):

I don't really eat out that much anymore because as you stated it turns out to not actually be that much faster/cheaper if you are careful - but my food cost is on the order of $200 a month including going out and alcohol and I spend roughly 15 minutes a day in the kitchen. If you do something comparable eating better then I am very interested in some specifics. I'm not against doing things "better" - I simply don't believe it can be done for comparable cost.

aregister

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Hybrid Jetta 2013
Because you called your wife slave labor.
Oh haha! That was a joke, sorry. She does do a lot of good housework (dishes, cleaning, cooking, etc.) So I exaggerate

Bender1

Banned
I don't really eat out that much anymore because as you stated it turns out to not actually be that much faster/cheaper if you are careful - but my food cost is on the order of $200 a month including going out and alcohol and I spend roughly 15 minutes a day in the kitchen. If you do something comparable eating better then I am very interested in some specifics. I'm not against doing things "better" - I simply don't believe it can be done for comparable cost.

Is that $200 for you and your wife or just for you?

aregister

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Hybrid Jetta 2013
Cooking is high stress for me - but I can see how it might become low stress once you master it. Again, I'm interested in more detail here. How much do you actually spend on stuff?
The time spent grocery shopping can't be discounted either. Because you can't cook meals at home without going grocery shopping. That's another 1-1/2 to 2 hours per week or so that you have to plan in

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
OF NEEK

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
The time spent grocery shopping can't be discounted either. Because you can't cook meals at home without going grocery shopping. That's another 1-1/2 to 2 hours per week or so that you have to plan in

again, I'm willing to mostly ignore that - If you don't actually "shop" at the grocery store and just grab what you need you can be in and out really quickly. (also if you don't bring a woman with you :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.