GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Canadian MK7's had Autobahn trims without HID's? That's crazy to me.
2015 was such a weird year in Canada for GTI's. They completely skipped over 2014, and then had this short period of time where they sold 2015's before they quickly redid the packages for '2015.5' where a lighting upgrade package was offered (bi-xenon). To this day I still cannot figure out if mine is actually an Autobahn model (was advertised as such at the dealership in 2019 when I bought it) since I can't find the original Canadian brochure before 2015.5 with the full spec listings. The PDF I attached was the best I could find which on page 13 indicates it might actually be a base model with the P26 'Sport Package' (since mine has Austins, sunroof, adaptive high beams and keyless entry). So maybe you're right, perhaps the dealership mislabeled?
Edit; I confirmed my VIN with the dealership and it's in fact Autobahn trim, with halogens..

2015.png

Attachments

• 2015 Canada Golf Specifications V1-5_221_14236 (4).pdf
    301 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
For anyone interested in buying from blauertacho4u, I couldn't recommend them more, awesome customer service.
Speaking with a rep after purchase and they fully recommend the 'Premium' DHL shipping (3-6 weeks) which is 120 Euro due to the size and safety during shipping. You can still have German VAT removed but they want you to message them before you buy to do so.
  • Cost is 817.77€ on the website, (this includes 134.56€ VAT) and the only option for shipping was 29.99€ DHL packet. Which came to 842.76€ total.
  • They emailed me after I paid and said "hey listen, economy packet is too risky, takes forever and there's no tracking" so I had them remove VAT and went with the 119.99€ shipping.
  • They broke it down and said "no problem", 687.20€ for the lamps, 119.99€ for premium shipping, and a PayPal fee of 4.9% (39.55€) for a total of 846.74€. Difference was 4.02€ that they waived since I already paid the initial amount and it would be a hassle to collect 4€.
For whatever reason, there's a CC option and PayPal option at checkout, but using the CC option forces you through PayPal.. so I had to eat the 4.9%.
Either way, great customer service.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Got mine from blauertacho4u >2years ago as well. They are less then 20 miles away from my house 😂

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
For anyone interested in buying from blauertacho4u, I couldn't recommend them more, awesome customer service.
Speaking with a rep after purchase and they fully recommend the 'Premium' DHL shipping (3-6 weeks) which is 120 Euro due to the size and safety during shipping. You can still have German VAT removed but they want you to message them before you buy to do so.
  • Cost is 817.77€ on the website, (this includes 134.56€ VAT) and the only option for shipping was 29.99€ DHL packet. Which came to 842.76€ total.
  • They emailed me after I paid and said "hey listen, economy packet is too risky, takes forever and there's no tracking" so I had them remove VAT and went with the 119.99€ shipping.
  • They broke it down and said "no problem", 687.20€ for the lamps, 119.99€ for premium shipping, and a PayPal fee of 4.9% (39.55€) for a total of 846.74€. Difference was 4.02€ that they waived since I already paid the initial amount and it would be a hassle to collect 4€.
For whatever reason, there's a CC option and PayPal option at checkout, but using the CC option forces you through PayPal.. so I had to eat the 4.9%.
I wonder if that's a Canadian thing. I used the $29.99 DHL Economy, they got here in less than a month, and there was tracking. Both on the DHL end from Germany, then USPS when they arrived here in the US

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I wonder if that's a Canadian thing. I used the $29.99 DHL Economy, they got here in less than a month, and there was tracking. Both on the DHL end from Germany, then USPS when they arrived here in the US
Might be, they did mention Canada specifically in our conversation so you might be right. On top of that, I've been getting shafted by DHL since COVID started.. packages used to come in without a hitch, even overseas but now they're nailing me every single time with 'service charges' and tax at the border. Kind of scared to see what they hit me with for the lamps..

onemiglandicho

Hi Aegis,

when you ordered, did you order through their website first and after that, they emailed you about the shipping? Or did you actually talk to them?

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Hi Aegis,

when you ordered, did you order through their website first and after that, they emailed you about the shipping? Or did you actually talk to them?
I'm not Aegis, but I just went through this in November. I contacted them via e-mail and they were able to create an order for me manually without VAT. They gave me the 3 different shipping options to choose from. They provided a link to pay directly through Paypal, which is your only option if you live in the US.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I'm not Aegis, but I just went through this in November. I contacted them via e-mail and they were able to create an order for me manually without VAT. They gave me the 3 different shipping options to choose from. They provided a link to pay directly through Paypal, which is your only option if you live in the US.

Yep, did the exact same. Email first.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Used blauertacho as well. X2 on great customer service, not sure what shipping method I chose as it was through Ebay but it was slow as shit. Granted that was 2 years ago, can't believe that much time has passed already. Pandemic has absolutely warped my sense of time. FWIW headlights still work fantastic, and there's absolutely zero moisture intrusion or UV fading to speak of. Quite frankly they are a bargain even at their MSRP. Anything less is just icing on the cake.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hi Aegis,

Sorry for the delayed response, as others have mentioned they prefer if you email them first. I actually bought first, and they personally contacted me because the only shipping option was 30 Euro at checkout, and they were concerned for the safety of the product. At that time I asked them to rework the order to drop vat and swap it for the better shipping. Very easy and smooth process.

Also, the lights were delivered in about a week and a half, visually inspected them and they are flawless. Waiting for things to warm up before installing them.

onemiglandicho

Sorry for the delayed response, as others have mentioned they prefer if you email them first. I actually bought first, and they personally contacted me because the only shipping option was 30 Euro at checkout, and they were concerned for the safety of the product. At that time I asked them to rework the order to drop vat and swap it for the better shipping. Very easy and smooth process.

Also, the lights were delivered in about a week and a half, visually inspected them and they are flawless. Waiting for things to warm up before installing them.

Thank you! I already emailed them and they are booking the payment.

I was dead set on getting the BMP Tuning Headlights. The price of OSRAM was about $1K when I was drooling over it a couple of years ago. Since inflation is on warp speed, I thought this would be much more expensive now. Good thing I decided to research OSRAM again. For not much more, I am getting an OEM level replacement. Noith!!

canon789

Car(s)
Golf TSI 1.8 2018
Hi,

I am planning to buy these for my TSI 1.8 2018.

Can someone post pictures of the output on the road at night and on a wall please?

Thanks!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Installed the DeAuto LED headlights into my halogen reflectors. I was extremely skeptical, but these are the real deal. They’re specifically designed for our headlights to maintain a good cutoff line and do not scatter light up or cause glare. I’m quite impressed. The light is even on the road, and significantly brighter than halogen. Great, fast customer service to answer my questions too.

I think the big question is how much brightness they’ll lose after being on for an extended time, considering the passive heatsink and the stock dust caps trapping in all the heat.

https://deautokey.com/product/new-l...olf-gof-sportwagen-alltrack-jsw-tiguan-passat