GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

ginsy

Ready to race!
Still waiting on the MK7.5 facelift ones that I ordered 10/12, no shipping update since 10/24.... starting to think I wont get them.

cblock406

Ready to race!
I am so jealous. Did your shipping ever update? Mine is still saying left frankfurt on 10/24

It updated on 12/24.

Here are a couple bad pictures. I plan to install these this Thursday so I'll break out the good camera and get some pictures installed. I plugged one of them in last night and I must say, they look amazing. Especially compared to the halogen.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Are all the electronics, ballast, etc...tucked inside?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
It updated on 12/24.

Here are a couple bad pictures. I plan to install these this Thursday so I'll break out the good camera and get some pictures installed. I plugged one of them in last night and I must say, they look amazing. Especially compared to the halogen.

Excited for you! I've been waiting on a few people to receive/review these before I pull the trigger, been asking OSRAM about them for over two years now. I appreciate you keeping us updated.

cblock406

Ready to race!
Are all the electronics, ballast, etc...tucked inside?

Everything is in the housing. There is a power wire that wires to the battery you can see dangling down on the picture.

Excited for you! I've been waiting on a few people to receive/review these before I pull the trigger, been asking OSRAM about them for over two years now. I appreciate you keeping us updated.

Thanks! I've been hounding them for the last year as well. I'll be sure to update this once installed. It's winter time in Seattle so it will be a good condensation test.

cblock406

Ready to race!
I installed the lights yesterday. First time taking the bumper off and took me about 2.5 hours. Easy install except getting the grill out is a chore and I am amazed I didn't break it. Initial thoughts on the lights are great.

The quality and fitment of these is just like OEM, the light output is amazing, and they look incredible. I would probably pay twice what these cost and would still be happy. The only thing I dislike is the red and chrome strip don't line up with the grill very well, and I wish the chrome strip wasn't so thick. But all in all, these lights are a KILLER alternative to the OEM led's.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
They look great!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
The quality and fitment of these is just like OEM, the light output is amazing, and they look incredible. I would probably pay twice what these cost and would still be happy. The only thing I dislike is the red and chrome strip don't line up with the grill very well, and I wish the chrome strip wasn't so thick. But all in all, these lights are a KILLER alternative to the OEM led's.
Replace your grill with a lighting package grill and it may line up better. That is my experience with other replacement lights.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Please describe how you routed the wires and connected to the battery. Is there an inline fuse?

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Please describe how you routed the wires and connected to the battery. Is there an inline fuse?

Remove battery terminal nut from positive (?) side. Slide headlight wire ring terminals onto bolt. Put terminal nut back on. Note the headlight wire ring terminal is thin. I accidentally broke one when changing my battery but it isn't too difficult to rewire.

cblock406

Ready to race!
Remove battery terminal nut from positive (?) side. Slide headlight wire ring terminals onto bolt. Put terminal nut back on. Note the headlight wire ring terminal is thin. I accidentally broke one when changing my battery but it isn't too difficult to rewire.

mine had some almost spade looking terminals on them, not a full ring. I cut them off and put real ring terminal on.