GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

Stronggside

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the BS Halogens

I cant decide with 2 name brands right now.. and the 7.5 lights just came out too..

but these look very nice and i plan to have the car for many years.

Can imagine these paired with Euro tails will make my car look BEAUTIFUL.

kinda expensive though :|

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I have the BS Halogens

I cant decide with 2 name brands right now.. and the 7.5 lights just came out too..

but these look very nice and i plan to have the car for many years.

Can imagine these paired with Euro tails will make my car look BEAUTIFUL.

kinda expensive though :|

Definitely expensive. I'm not sure I'd pay $800 for aftermarket headlights. OEM is $1K, and you get significant QC + functionality improvements over aftermarket PnP upgrades

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
These are for people with Halogens... they’re not meant to compete with the benefits of the LP.

If dealers could add the LP after the car is purchased, I’m sure that the overwhelming majority of people buying these aftermarket headlight options would just do that... but they don’t offer this upgrade.

Yes you can retrofit the LP yourself, but the costs are in the $2,000+ range.

Paying $600 -$800 for the look and some benefits of the LP is worth it to most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Any chance of getting these without the red stripe and chrome?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
These are for people with Halogens... they’re not meant to compete with the benefits of the LP.

If dealers could add the LP after the car is purchased, I’m sure that the overwhelming majority of people buying these aftermarket headlight options would just do that... but they don’t offer this upgrade.

Yes you can retrofit the LP yourself, but the costs are in the $2,000+ range.

Paying $600 -$800 for the look and ONE benefit of the LP is worth it to most of us.

You certainly can pay to have the dealer perform the upgrade after purchase, it just costs more than doing it yourself.

Edit: I should add; the right dealer, not everyone will do it. Same as dealing with a modded car.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
You certainly can pay to have the dealer perform the upgrade after purchase, it just costs more than doing it yourself.

Edit: I should add; the right dealer, not everyone will do it. Same as dealing with a modded car.

That’s fair... what I meant was that it’s not an offered upgrade available at most dealerships, or even officially offered at all by VW.

The LP shouldn’t have been optional from the get go. GTI should have had Xenons available on the base model from launch.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
They look incredible, 800 euros: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoOSkziAgD_/

The flowing is no more rice than the OEM rear dynamics IMO, the colour changing isn't that douchey by default (at least from what i've seen). You can get them in black, chrome, or red strip.

Honestly if they had the fancy features like the side turning light and the moving side-to-side with the steering wheel i'd be way more tempted.

http://auto-parts-europe.com/en/ledriving/11-ledriving-xenarc-vw-golf-vii.html

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
These look sick. Sucks they don't come with the adaptive headlights though. Anyone know of any way to do dynamic turn signals without completely replacing the entire headlight?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Square1

Go Kart Champion
As suggestions on where to order these in Canada or the US?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, my least favorite aspect of these lights is the dynamic blinkers... I think they look try too hard personally but to each their own