GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
What are the full LED options outside of the Osrams? I thought the lighting package assembly included a combination of Xenon/LED bulbs.

I would choose lighting package (from factory) for the AFS/leveling if I had the choice. But having halogens I wouldn't choose to retrofit lighting package over the plug and play Osrams.
Personally I have the lighting package but if I didnt I wouldnt want to go through the hassel of retrofitting them on a halogen car. My first choice would be Osram then Eds/helix. I never had a good experience with Eds when i was on the mk6 platform so he would be my last choice imo.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Ed offers a full LED version of his headlights now. I believe Spyder might, I know the Helix require a kit.

Osram is the only "big name" aftermarket supplier with a full LED light that i've seen. I'm using them to do a partial Bi-xenon retrofit as they're cheaper than OEM Bi-Xenons by a couple hundred.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I like my Osrams but sometimes I think the beam is washed out and could be brighter but it could be my bad eyes. I remember one time I was driving at night on the freeway and a stock Civic next to me seemed to have a much brighter beam. It’s definitely an improvement over halogens though.

ginsy

Ready to race!
In case anyone is curious, OSRAM released their MK7.5 lamps the other day. Quality and looks are superior to Eds IMO. Are they $400 better? Thats up to you, but I think they look great.

http://instagr.am/p/CGPLhIaH4sq/

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Wow they look pretty much identical to the MK7 design. I thought they would have mimicked the red/chrome swooping lines in the MK7.5

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Personally I have the lighting package but if I didnt I wouldnt want to go through the hassel of retrofitting them on a halogen car. My first choice would be Osram then Eds/helix. I never had a good experience with Eds when i was on the mk6 platform so he would be my last choice imo.
NOt sure how true it is but I've heard these lights are better than the lp lights. You lose some functionality but they're better overall.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
NOt sure how true it is but I've heard these lights are better than the lp lights. You lose some functionality but they're better overall.
I doubt it they said the same thing as the mk6 version vs oem mk6 xenons. They are good but don't think they are as good/better then the lp lights. I had the mk6 version on my old gti loved them but they dont beat oem. Just my opinion though.

e_koehler1

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Hey, just curious where you got the Dec/Jan dates? Their Instagram page is saying they will start shipping this month, but that may be wishful thinking.
I’ve seen some being sold on eBay from a seller in Germany also, wonder if that shipping would be any quicker? Or maybe it’s just the same since it needs to go through customs...