GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Bought mine on eBay from blauertacho4u for 879.76 euro shipped during a 10% eBay bucks promotion which ended up being $100.

Adjustments are so much easier compared to Ed’s reps since you can adjust from the top.

I’m happy with the lights so far but I am getting a dash error light and/or the lights won’t turn on that seems to only come on if i turn them on while the hand brake is on. I have to take off the hand brake and then switch the lights off and then back on to get them to work but the error light remains.

I reversed some coding I did for the Ed’s reps but it still happens. Will have to try reversing the rest of the coding and test again.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I’m happy with the lights so far but I am getting a dash error light and/or the lights won’t turn on that seems to only come on if i turn them on while the hand brake is on. I have to take off the hand brake and then switch the lights off and then back on to get them to work but the error light remains.

I reversed some coding I did for the Ed’s reps but it still happens. Will have to try reversing the rest of the coding and test again.

I have had these lights working without a single dash error from the time of install. Removed my halogens and plugged these in, zero coding changes. I suspect if you revert to stock coding it will get rid of whatever dash errors you are seeing. These lights behave exactly the way the halogens did. You may still get the hidden parking light error (that sometimes but not always appears) in a scan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
I have had these lights working without a single dash error from the time of install. Removed my halogens and plugged these in, zero coding changes. I suspect if you revert to stock coding it will get rid of whatever dash errors you are seeing. These lights behave exactly the way the halogens did. You may still get the hidden parking light error (that sometimes but not always appears) in a scan.

How do you like your Osrams? I may have to get some eventually if they go on sale for less than $900...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
How do you like your Osrams? I may have to get some eventually if they go on sale for less than $900...
I won't quote myself but I gave a review on post 155, they had been installed for a couple weeks at that point I think. Still amazed by the light output. I haven't had a dash fault, haven't had a flicker, never a time that they didn't come right on (to be expected with LEDs I suppose). Both myself and one other poster thought they were aimed high but I have yet to have anybody flash me.

I haven't measured the height of my cut off by finding a level surface and setting the car at the proper distance from a wall... but the cutoff is clean. I would say the biggest compliment is that I haven't found an occasion to turn on the brights while driving. On a divided highway or driving out to the Palm Desert with my halogens I would turn on the brights at night (with no one in front of me of course). I'm in a TDI pretending to care about mileage so those drives are cruise control set at 65 for me and I felt more comfortable with the brights on at that speed with the halogens. I would feel comfortable going even faster with Osrams without the brights.

Also, they look soooooo good. I think they look a lot better than the Mk7.5 lights and slightly more aggressive than the Mk7 LP. I still get compliments on them at work and these people see my car six days a week, haha.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I bought a set. Discover is offering 5% cash back when using PayPal. Has anyone purchased clear film for the headlights?

I applied Lamin x to mine. It was more difficult than i thought it would be. Ended up with more bubbles than i wanted but most of them have disappeared.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Ended up replacing the Lamin X with 3M due to someone experiencing cracks from using Lamin X. Unfortunately with 3M I ended up with some bubbles and wrinkles which have not disappeared. With Lamin X any bubbles I had disappeared the day after install.

Also figured out that the errors I was getting were because the headlights were not connected directly to the battery. My friend thought they were grounding wires lol.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I wish they made these for the R. I'd be in for a set just for the dynamic blinker. :)

Should be possible. Installed the Xenon-variant on my LP GTI SE

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Xenon with Halogen DRL are plug and play. Xenon with AFS aren't, but use the same height sensor, a different Headlight-Range-Module, slightly different wiring between headlights and Headlight-Range-Module, and minor coding changes.

I added 4 wires between Headlight-Range-Module and each Headlight, replaced Headlight-Range-Module, changed Headlights, changed coding.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Interested but not plug and play for a 17 GTI SE w/ LP ?