GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OSRAM LED headlights LEDHL104-GTI

CMB429

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
After our move to Germany I had to replace SAE lights with e-approved lights for TÜV inspection / registration. Installed used German LP lights first. Unfortunately they were garbage because Valeo lights tend to get foggy lenses. Checked several other used lights but all had the same issue. The cheapest option I found for new European LP lights was 500€ each without bulbs and ballasts.

Finally went with Osrams although everyone told me they don’t work in LP cars. Spent 779€ for the lights, 40€ for connectors and Headlight Range Module. Added a couple of wires and here we go. Tomorrow is TÜV inspection.
Hello, I am looking to get these headlights for my MK7 LP GTI (passenger side started cracking on mine...). I have ordered part # 5Q0 907 357 for the proper module replacement and I'll be getting some 20/4 cable soon. But, what are the connectors that you talk about in this post? Are you just referring to pin connectors?

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Made an adapter from vehicle to new lights. Should be okay to just add new wires too.

CMB429

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Made an adapter from vehicle to new lights. Should be okay to just add new wires too.
Oh alright, I was thinking I would just remove the wires from pins 1,2,4 from the harness on the headlight end and AFS module end, remove the 2 fuses, and then add in the 20/4 cable and connect the wires as shown in your diagram (essentially just modify the wiring part of the wiring harness). Sounds like I will be good with that. Is the connector on the headlight (Osram) side the same type just with a different pin-out? It looks to be the same size, but the pinout is not in their 3D model they have on their site.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yeah same 14-pin. As you said remove unnecessary pins and add 4 new. Same result

CMB429

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hey there, I have everything done up to the programming and I am having a bit of an issue. When I go into the Headlight Regulation (55), OBDeleven cannot find the module. I've tried multiple times. Drove the car, tried again. Checked the wiring to the module. Made sure I followed the other steps, but I cannot get into the headlight module. Did either of you run into this issue when installing? If so, please let me know what you had to do to get it working. Thank you

EDIT: I plugged in the original AFS module and I was able to access the Headlight Regulation (55) module in OBDEleven. So, I think that I may have a faulty new module. I will wait to hear back in case there is something that I need to do to get OBDEleven to recognize the new module.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
This is what I have done to my car. It’s your own risk to do the same [emoji2]
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmJd4ZO6GXRhhFXMhckyWyU3TLGC
Just read this write up, actually sounds much easier than I expected. I'm really interested in this, I have lighting package and love the features, but my passenger light has a leak and I really like the way the Osrams look and function.

@ZERO815 how have you liked the change from LP to Osram? Do the Osrams have a cornering light?

Nouznouz

Car(s)
Golf mk7 gti 2015
hello I allow myself to contact you, about the discussion , I wish to install osram lights instead of my xenon lp on my 7 gti, I am in France, can you tell me the necessary to buy in addition to the headlights? very little information on the internet even less in France .. a big thank you and sorry for my English , i have a vag com vcds and i have some retrofit to my credit..

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Just read this write up, actually sounds much easier than I expected. I'm really interested in this, I have lighting package and love the features, but my passenger light has a leak and I really like the way the Osrams look and function.

@ZERO815 how have you liked the change from LP to Osram? Do the Osrams have a cornering light?
I still like them a lot. They don’t have cornering lights or they swivel, but IMO the light output is much better. For me night vision it’s all about reflections. These lights go further then the HID and give more light to the side. On a direct comparison to my buddys GTD around the Nürburgring area at night we both liked the Osrams better. With the factory LP lights we had to use the brights in several places, not with the Osrams. My front fogs are coded as cornering lights up to 70 km/h now. Although I’m not sure if it makes it that much better. The only downside I see so far is during some mid to high intensive rain occasions w/ other lights on the street (e.g. street lights, oncoming traffic) the reflections aren’t that good anymore.

Nouznouz

Car(s)
Golf mk7 gti 2015
thank you, a seller in France who has already done the retrofit of the directional headlights several times told me that by deactivating only the afs electronically it would be enough for the headlights to be functional

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It might very well be that the lights function without the auto leveling connected. I actually like the auto leveling when the lights go up on Autobahn driving.

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hate to bring this thread back to life, but wondering if anyone from prior is still around to help out on this topic of modding the LP HID USA based car to Osrams? I am hoping to get this mod done over next few weeks but wondering if the modification is reversible?
Also, does the swapping modules necessary or was there a new process developed to get this done with just coding?

i trierd searching but no concrete info was found