GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orion Detailing

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had spoken to this client while we were polishing the 991 GT3 in Vancouver. He had a few vehicles he was taking delivery of and wanted to protect them all with Opti Coat Pro.

This was the Golf R that literally came directly from the dealership. It had very light swirling and a 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean it up.

Arrival pic

Only 107km on the odometer

Cleaning the wheels

Measuring the paint to make sure there were no surprises

Before

After

Removing the masking tape

Opti Coat Pro

And the finished pics

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had spoken to this client a few weeks prior to this detail and he had actually referred a Bentley to us earlier in the spring.

The car was fairly new and well taken care of so the paint was not in bad shape at all. A 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean up the light swirls which then was protected with Opti Coat Pro afterwards.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Taking measurements

Masking up the plastic and rubber trim

Then on to polishing the paint

Before

After

After the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied to the paint

Via machine

Then Opti Coat Pro applied

And finally the finished pics starting with a reflection on the hood

Hope you liked the pics on this track monster!

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Yeah. I owned my mk6 for 3 years and it never looked that bad. The dealership's excuse for the botched detail was that I asked them not to wax it. So I guess they normally cover up the damage under a thick coat of wax.

That or they wanted you to pull out your wallet and see how much they can take from you. LOL!!!:D

That's a beautiful shine and a professional job indeed, too bad you're located in TO. I'd ask for Orion's business card.

Anyone on here recommend a detailer that does just as good a job as Orion here in Vancouver??

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Very nice work!
I too forgot to tell the dealer not to wash my car. As I've detailed my own cars in the past, I chalk it up to being super excited and forgetting.

It's unfortunate that dealerships will no doubt just use a brush that they leave lying around to wash new cars.
As a matter of fact, never let ANYONE but a detailer wash your car. I've learned the hard way.

If you don't mind me asking, how long does it typically take you guys to fully wash/clay/cut/glaze+seal a car?
I've found over the years it still takes me about 18 hours and trying to find ways of being more efficient.
I use a PC but maybe a PC flex might be quicker?

AGREE!!!! I totally forgot to mention this when I picked up my R, spanking brand new with only double digits on the spedom.......I did however asked that they not put on or drill holes on the front bumper for the plates(currently sits on my dash secured with just folded parer so it doesn't rattle when I ride over bumps and what not). But evertime I have to park in Richmond I always have this uneasy feeling in my gut. It's not just a saying about Richmond drivers. They're parking job is just as bad.

Just curious, where do you take yours for detailing?

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday :)

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Happy New Year!

We were contacted by this client to detail this rare fire orange M3,1 of 2 I believe in Toronto, for storage. When it came in to the shop and upon inspection we came to the conclusion that it definitely needed a 2 stage polish as the paint was in rough condition. Anyways onto the polishing.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint

Finally with all the prep done we started the compounding

Before

After

Before

After

Before (the trunk was in horrible shape with buffer trails everywhere)

After (there was a deeper scratch that was to deep to come out)

50/50 shot

Headlights and taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After all the compounding and polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied

Then Opti Coat Pro was applied

Here is the result of all our hard work starting with a sun shot

And finally my favourite shot

All the best in 2016!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
It was a huge pleasure to work on this classic R33 Skyline and in Midnight Purple too! We ended up performing a 2 stage polish on the paint and protecting it afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat. Ran into a small complication with the paint being fairly thin in some areas and couldn't get as aggressive as we would like to but everything turned out great regardless.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

2 Bucket car wash

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin mitt

Masking off the rubber trim

And measuring the paint. This is one of the lower areas earlier mentioned

Before

After

50/50 shot

After the polishing was completed we cleaned out the left over polish out of the tighter areas with our trusty tooth pick

And finally Opti Gloss Coat is applied

Now for the finished pics

I tried to get a sun shot to show the flake but it had already set to far. This is the best I could do.

Hope you enjoyed the pics on this R33 Godzilla!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This GT-R came in for a promotion we were having in January. I spoke briefly to the client about a few areas of concern over the phone and then we both agreed that weather permitting it would come in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Gloss Coat. Luckily everything worked out and surprisingly the client didn't live to far away from the shop.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint

Onto the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After

Metallic flake popping again

Opti Gloss Coat about to be applied

And the final results!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Had a chance to asses this S5 last year but due to scheduling on both our ends things didn't pan out. But this year the client wanted to get it done before our busy season hit so in it came for March and received our 2 stage polish with Opti Gloss Coat as protection.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels while we had a chance to chat with the customer while he waited for his ride

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint and found no panels that were repainted

The paint was in pretty rough shape so we had to hit it with a compound for the 1st stage

before

after (as you can see the compound removed the swirls but left a haze behind due to it's aggressiveness)

After the 1st stage we refined the paint with a lighter cutting polish on the 2nd stage to remove the haze as well as leave a deep gloss

before

after

After all the polishing was completed we began the finishing prep

Removing the masking tape

And cleaning polish that had gotten in the parking sensors with a tooth pick

Then protected the new finish with Opti Gloss Coat which lasts for 2 years

And here are the final shots. Unfortunately no sun was out but hopefully you can still see the gloss achieved.

And the last pic

Hope you enjoyed the pics and looking forward to seeing some of you this driving season!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This beautiful Sepang Blue V10 R8 came in early spring but we have been so busy that I haven't had time to post it until now.

Not really much of a back story, got a call inquiring about Opti Coat Pro, client inquired with a few Audi Club members who vouched for our work, then in it came.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin Mitt

Measuring the paint

Before

After

After polishing and prep for Opti Coat Pro cleaned the windows

Opti Coat Pro about to be applied

And now the finished pics

And a sun shot to show no more swirls

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
One of the first M2's delivered in the GTA we had done this back in the early spring.

Client informed us that he was expecting delivery and was interested in protecting it right away with Opti Coat Pro. We advised that the dealer not wash the car but remove the plastic to insure no damage underneath. Day of delivery in it came straight from the dealer. Paint wasn't bad at all just some very light swirls that we polished out with a 1 stage polish.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Mineral Grey Metallic flake looking beautiful

Removing residue from the stone guard edge

Opti Coat Pro about to go on and we applied 2 coats to the paint

And the final results of our work

It was a huge pleasure to work on this M2 and thank you to the owner for choosing us to perform the work. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics!

Last edited:

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Had spoken to this client about a previously owned Porsche but things didn't pan out. A year later and a newly
purchased 997 GT3 and we set up a date to get it detailed so the owner could have a fresh start.

Paint wasn't to bad but still wanted to do a 2 stage polish so that it could be as good as possible.

Arrival

Claybarred the paint with a Nanoskin Mitt

Measuring the paint

And on to the polishing

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing we unmasked the rubber and plastic trim

And cleaned polish residue out of the tight areas

Then finally applied Opti Gloss Coat

And now the finished the pics

And a signature from Chris Green from over at Pfaff, not to sure who the other signature is from.

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Long time client purchased this 997.2 GT3RS earlier this year and wanted to get it up to standard. I had gone with him to the purchase just to inspect it as well as measure the paint to make sure no panels had been repainted and everything turned out good. A few months later and a couple weeks ago in it came for a full interior, 2 stage polish, engine shampoo, and 2 coats of Opti Coat Pro.

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint to look out for any low spots that we shouldn't get to aggressive on

Paint wasn't to rough but it still needed a 2 stage polish to get it to our standard

Before

After

50/50 shot on the carbon wing

Before

After

Taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing we unmasked the tape

Cleaned the edges of the stone guard with a tooth pick

After all the finishing prep we finally applied Opti Coat Pro

And finally the finished pics

Always a pleasure to detail client's cars who we have established a good relationship with. Looking forward to more additions to the collection wither it be the family hauler or the weekend car.