GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orion Detailing

jimmy_v

I just wanted to post a quick review of my experience dealing with Wes R and his crew at Orion Detailing. He posted a thread here http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7272 showcasing his work on my car, but the pictures really don’t do it justice. I couldn’t believe it was the same car when I picked it up. It looked amazing!

I had the unfortunate experience of allowing the dealership to wash my car prior to delivery. They did a terrible job, and it looked like they just wiped it down with some shop rags. I was pissed. They offered to "buff" it out for me but I was afraid they would just end up making a bigger mess. I decided to take it to Orion for a professional job. After looking over the car he recommended a 2 stage polish to repair the paint. I also got the car OptiCoated which I highly recommend. Dirt and road salts don't really build up as much on the paint anymore.

I couldn't be happier with the job they did!

Here are a few pics:

Dealer Installed Swirls

After

Last edited:

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
Yea same here, my car was delivered in piss poor condition. I don't know why dealers are so f-ing dumb. Where did you buy your car OP? I bought mine at 401-Dixie.

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This client contacted me last week mentioning his RS4. It was a lease return that he had purchased but unfortunately the previous owner had not taken good care of it at all. Totally understandable to want to have this beast restored to it's former glory as any car enthusiast would. He wanted it done asap so in it came right away!

I love it when very dirty RS4s come to the shop

Cleaning the rims

2 bucket car wash

Claybarring

Measuring the paint

Masking off the rubber trim

Started polishing

Before

After

50/50 shot

You could see the flake again!

The headlights and taillights were polished as well

Before

After

Protected the paint with Gloss Coat

And the finished product!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Looks great. I have an awesome detail shop relatively close and can't wait to get a full detail in the spring.

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This 1M is owned by a very good friend who bought it just before Christmas. He had been eyeing it in a BMW showroom for months saying that he planned to purchase it, lol I didn't believe him, but in to the shop it came!

Arrival pics

Cleaning the wheels

Car wash

Measuring the paint

Before

After

50/50 shot

Unmasking the trim

And cleaning the polishing dust out the cracks

Opti Coat Primer

And Opti Coat Pro

And finished pics

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We were eagerly anticipating this brand new 991 GTS with the Aero package since we learned of the deposit placed down before Christmas. This client has been with us for 5 years now and to see him work up to this has been a pleasure! The paint was not in bad shape and applying Opti Coat Primer via machine pretty much cleaned up the light swirling that was there.

Anyways on to the pics.

It looks like Camp 4 outside of the shop

Claybarring with the Nanoskin Mitt

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Opti Coat Primer

Applied by machine. I love the uniform look

Blurry polishing

Opti Coat Pro

Applied

Double checking our work

I love taking flake shots

And the finished shots

Looking forward to maintaining this one on an annual basis and I hope you enjoyed the pics!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had detailed this client's RS before as well as his 997.2 RS so we were familiar with the paint as well as the condition of the car. Always a pleasure to see this one and work on it as well. The paint was looking just a little rough and we were hoping a 1 stage polish would be enough but in the end we did a non aggressive 2 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat.

As usual, hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival pic

After the wheel cleaning and 2 bucket car wash we clayed the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Brought it in and masked off the rubber trim

Then took paint measurements

1st stage polish before

1st stage polish after with a bit of haze

50/50 shot

2nd stage polish before

2nd stage polish after and the haze all gone

And a shot of us polishing

Cleaning out the residue from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

Then alcohol wipe down

Applying Opti Gloss Coat

And finally the finished pics. I wish so badly that the sun was out to show just how glossy the paint was.

This was the best glossy pic I could take and it didn't even come close

Nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process on a rare colored RS.

Thanks!

F12

Ready to race!
Very nice work!
I too forgot to tell the dealer not to wash my car. As I've detailed my own cars in the past, I chalk it up to being super excited and forgetting.

It's unfortunate that dealerships will no doubt just use a brush that they leave lying around to wash new cars.
As a matter of fact, never let ANYONE but a detailer wash your car. I've learned the hard way.

If you don't mind me asking, how long does it typically take you guys to fully wash/clay/cut/glaze+seal a car?
I've found over the years it still takes me about 18 hours and trying to find ways of being more efficient.
I use a PC but maybe a PC flex might be quicker?

Last edited:

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This client was referred to us by Autolinks as there were a few small imperfections on the hood the customer wanted addressed before applying the PPF.
To be honest I forget what number this was out of the 333 GT Spyders in the world but it was very beautiful none the less. The swirls on this were very light so no before and afters but I hope you still enjoy going through the pics.

Arrival pics

Cleaning the wheels, including the ceramic brakes

Always wash the cars using the 2 Bucket Method

Car washes include the doorjambs

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin Mitt

Measuring the paint

Masking off all the rubber trim and matte carbon pieces

Applied Opti Coat Primer via machine

Dressed the tires

And finally the finished pics

As usual hope you enjoyed the pics!

Last edited: