GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered my dream car!! :):)

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Hey everyone!!!

Great to have been validated on the forum and now I can post! While kids always dream of Lambo's or Ferrari's , I dreamt of a Golf haha. So after 2 used Polo's in the past 6 years I put in my order for a new Golf GT with a couple of options (pearl black, xenons, LED DRL’s, rear camera connected to touchscreen, 18inch Durban Alloys). . It’s going to take 4 months to come but OMG I’m beyond excited!

How is everyone loving their cars? Has anyone moved from a Polo to a Golf? Will the ride be much quieter? I’ve a 1.2 70PS Polo and then Golf is a 1.4 140PS so not really sure what that means in terms of nippiness haha.

I saw a few photo’s of peoples Golf’s here and I noticed a lot of you guys put on chrome exhaust tips from a Skoda Yeti. Also saw the eBay link for about £25! :) Does the 1.4 140PS TSi have double exhaust or just the one. . . the picure on the site shows one, but then pictures of others peoples cars on the forums show two :confused: Have also looked through the instructions to make your music have artwork, and the radio stations etc so going to get all that sorted over the next 4 months! :D

Can’t wait to browse and post over the next few years! :)

Also, a wee cheeky question. . .does anyone know what BHP the Golf is? My insurance company said a 140BHP Golf 2014 didn't exist so they quoted me a 160, so i'm just wondering how i'll insure it when it comes haha.

FOUR WHOLE MONTHS :(:(:(:( I've been desperately looking for some Pearl Black, 3 Door, Xenon GT's to help pass the time but could only find one photo haha.

burso

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum Aaron,

congrats on your new purchase. I love my car so far, had it for nearly 8 months now and I enjoy myself everytime I'm behind the wheel.

With regards to the exhaust tips here in the UK everything above 122PS including comes with twin exhaust pipes. I'm sure this is no different in other countries, so you can go ahead and place your order.

Again the UK spec - GT 1.4 TSI comes with 140BHP and cylinder shutdown same as in Europe; your insurance company should send their sales force for a re-training :mad:

4 months will fly by, I waited nearly 6 for mine, but was well worth it.
Just make sure you don't check the order tracker daily, coz if you do you'll go crazy at some point :D

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
I’ve a 1.2 70PS Polo and then Golf is a 1.4 140PS so not really sure what that means in terms of nippiness haha.

I moved from a Ford Focus 1.6 with ~100 ponies to a 140 Mk6 GT, it was a HUGE leap in performance.

So your move from 70 to 140 should be pretty epic :)

Don't forget to wave and stick your tongue out as you blow past people :D

LegendaryLuke

Hi Aaron, I am new to this Site too! Got my GTD 2 weeks ago and Can't leave it alone I would sleep in it if I could lol.

I moved from a 1.6 TDI A1 and its so much better having a slightly bigger car to me it does feel quieter in the cabin and the ride is really smooth am sure the 140 TSI will be great for you, should feel a lot quicker!

Happy that you have ordered your Dream car all the best :)

tom1

Ready to race!
I have both a MK7 golf and a 2012 Polo GTI and the difference between the both is huge. In my opinion in terms of comfort/ride quality going from a polo to a golf is like going from a polo to a rolls royce, the mk7 is so comfortable to sit in, smooth on the road and generally a really nice car to be in.

Going from the 1.2L engine that they put in the polo to the 1.4 in the golf you will notice a big difference, from what I can remember, when I had the 1.2L in the polo the engine was really flat and noisy in general. I don't have the 1.4L petrol but I did test drive one and they are very quiet and quite nippy, I think you will enjoy it ;)

Congrats on your new car, the wait might seem like a long time but it will sure be worth it :p

P.S nice choice in colour, I have all of my cars in pearl black......looks great when its clean and detailed.

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Wow cheers everyone! You all clearly love them which is fantastic to hear! I don't know much about cars so didn't think it's was a big jump from 1.2 to 1.4!

I will check the order status every day haha I just can't help it... Still on step 1 out of 7 haha.

My first Polo (a 9n3) was Pearl Black and it looked amazing when clean ... Current Polo 6R is nimbus grey which is also beautiful.

To pass the time I'm practically working my way though reading this whole forum for info on my car , useful tips, and also keep looking at the photo threads lol

Thanks everyone! :)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Wow cheers everyone! You all clearly love them which is fantastic to hear! I don't know much about cars so didn't think it's was a big jump from 1.2 to 1.4!
Its the engine power thats the key thing - not the capacity. Your power is doubling from 70PS to 140PS - although the Golf is heavier than the Polo you should experience a significant change!

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Its the engine power thats the key thing - not the capacity. Your power is doubling from 70PS to 140PS - although the Golf is heavier than the Polo you should experience a significant change!

Awesome! The guy says because the Golf's have longer wheel bases they are more refined and much quieter!

My Polo has been really loud since I got 17's on and a 30mm drop so can't wait to go Golf and hopefully have a quieter cabin :)

The GT's are lowered 1cm it says in the brochure but I'm sure that won't make a huge difference :)

Also found out about some nice little features like the passenger mirror aiming itself down towards to the curb when you reverse to prevent alloy scratches haha

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! The guy says because the Golf's have longer wheel bases they are more refined and much quieter!
I think its a bit more complicated than that - but the Golf 7 is a very refined car....

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
I'm a wee bit concerned ATM to be honest . . .a few weeks ago (to make sure I could afford insurance) I called my insurer and asked them to see how much it would cost to top up my Polo insurance if I changed to a Golf (i'd already paid £700 for the year). . .they said £53 having quoted me for a 150BHP Golf and I thought 'Great stuff!'.

I'm not on insurance websites and choosing Volkswagen. . . .Golf. . . .3 Door. . . but I NEVER get the option for a 'GT', 'TSI 1.4, 140' model which is what mine is. So i'm confused as to how my insurance company will insure me , if the car doesn't seem to exist on their system , or any of these other comparison websites :(

Does anyone have any experience of this predicament? I'm thinking 'I'll just tell them my new registration number and it'll pop up on their system' . .but surely when I sign for the car and agree on a reg plate etc - it'll take a couple of weeks for the car to get into some kind of database - and I won't have weeks as I'll need insured from that day.

I'm kinda scared lol.

Gaz1

Ready to race!
Congrats, I am as excited as you, my 2.0TDI GT arrived in the Uk last week so it should be any day now, went for the pearl black too. Went for one that had already been ordered so I didn't have to wait so long. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
Regarding insurance, ask your dealer about the 7 day free insurance from VW insurance. It goes like this:

1. Car arrives at dealer
2. Dealer arranges PDI, tax and registration number
3. Dealer calls you to agree a delivery day and tells you the registration number and the what to tell VW Insurance, especially their Dealer Number
4. You call VW insurance to arrange your 7 day insurance and start date (day of delivery)
5. You pick up car. The tax disc and V5 will arrive in post 3-5 days later
6. Call your own insurance to arrange cover from the end of the free VW cover. By that stage, your car will be on the database.

FYI, I traded in a 3.5 year old Mk 6 for a brand new Mk 7. Because of the improved safety etc, I saved £40 on my insurance for the year.

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Regarding insurance, ask your dealer about the 7 day free insurance from VW insurance. It goes like this:

1. Car arrives at dealer
2. Dealer arranges PDI, tax and registration number
3. Dealer calls you to agree a delivery day and tells you the registration number and the what to tell VW Insurance, especially their Dealer Number
4. You call VW insurance to arrange your 7 day insurance and start date (day of delivery)
5. You pick up car. The tax disc and V5 will arrive in post 3-5 days later
6. Call your own insurance to arrange cover from the end of the free VW cover. By that stage, your car will be on the database.

FYI, I traded in a 3.5 year old Mk 6 for a brand new Mk 7. Because of the improved safety etc, I saved £40 on my insurance for the year.

Thanks for this! If I remember correctly he said they will have it taxed for the first year and tax will be there on day one so I shouldn't have to wait for that.

I'll get that 7 day insurance. . And then about the fifth day will call the insurance company with my registration! Does the dealer genuinely get it on that registration when it gets into the dealership? Or only when you pick it up and sign all the stuff (then wait the five days) :)

tom1

Ready to race!
Why not just get a full year insurance free? I'm sure it can't be that hard, when I got my car it was part of the deal at the time