GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orange TPMS retrofit help

JasJos

Car(s)
VRS mk3
I bought this Orange direct VW TPMS set but the coding dongle does not come in the set. May I know where can I get this dongle from?

JasJos

Car(s)
VRS mk3
jimlloyd40,

The cable harness that connects to the gateway controller was included. But the coding dongle that connects to OBC-II for 30 seconds (Step 2 in the installation instructions) was not. I bought this set from a dealer in Taiwan and just wondering if the contents might be different to the ones sold in the US.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No it won't work without the dongle. If you know someone who has VCDS you might be able to get it working but I'm not sure about that. Contact the company you bought it from if possible. Or get it from Orange.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're welcome and welcome to the forum also. Let us know if you can get the dongle.

BL-NJ

Car(s)
2019 Jetta S
I found a used orange direct VW TPMS kit on Ebay, the seller said it works great, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I've followed the instructions carefully, and used the coding dongle/receiver in the OBD II port with the ignition on & engine off, never with engine on, in every different combination:
-ignition on, followed by coding dongle & receiver plugged into OBD port
-ignition on, followed by coding dongle plugged into OBD port, followed by receiver connected to coding dongle
-coding dongle & receiver plugged into OBD port, followed by ignition on

After that I've connected the receiver to the gateway controller in the vehicle and it all connects together fine, but then the infotainment readout looks the same as before, where you can just set the tire pressures, without the individual readouts.

Does anyone have any tips? Can the coding dongle only be used once (in this case by the Ebay seller), and then it can't be used again on another vehicle? Does the display only update to the individual readouts, once the sensors are installed in the tires - but before the sensors are installed, it will still look like the old system? Should I run the engine while the coding dongle/receiver are in the OBD port? What am I missing here? Thank you in advance for your help

BL-NJ

Car(s)
2019 Jetta S
To follow up my prior post, I was never able to get the orange direct VW TPMS kit to work on my 2019 Jetta S. For whatever reason the car would not load the software thru the coding dongle. I have now given up on it, and went with an aftermarket solution which is unfortunately not integrated into the car like the orange solution.

I suspect the 2019+ Jetta S is not compatible with it, but I don't know for sure. I don't know if it would work on someone else's car, a different year or model. The Ebay seller who sold it to me promised it is in perfect working order, but I don't know for sure.

With that being said, I am going to offer it for sale here, maybe someone could get it to work on their car, since it is now out of production by the manufacturer. PM me if interested. The kit is complete as shown in the attachment.

Attachments

• DSC_7950.JPG
    DSC_7950.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 95

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To follow up my prior post, I was never able to get the orange direct VW TPMS kit to work on my 2019 Jetta S. For whatever reason the car would not load the software thru the coding dongle. I have now given up on it, and went with an aftermarket solution which is unfortunately not integrated into the car like the orange solution.

I suspect the 2019+ Jetta S is not compatible with it, but I don't know for sure. I don't know if it would work on someone else's car, a different year or model. The Ebay seller who sold it to me promised it is in perfect working order, but I don't know for sure.

With that being said, I am going to offer it for sale here, maybe someone could get it to work on their car, since it is now out of production by the manufacturer. PM me if interested. The kit is complete as shown in the attachment.
When the Orange coding didn't work right for me I just went to the VW dealer and they coded it to work properly.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
sorry to dig up old thread but it's nice to be able to monitor 4 tires. most if not all links are dead. anyone knows if this even worked with 2017 GTI S? All I see is low pressure warning on the dashboard, not tire.
thx