GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions of new style VW logo on a Mk7 Golf?

Zero1_

Car(s)
2017 Mk 7.5 Golf R
Not my taste personally (not a fan of the new logo anyway), but I have a full set of new logo wheel caps from my new Pretorias, and will probably have a new logo boot badge when I have my reversing camera fitted and it got me wondering what it'd look like if I had just gone with the flow and kept the new logos instead of replacing them with with the correct ones.

Funny thing is the part number for the Pretorias and camera are 5G (for the Mk7) and are now supplied with new badges

Has anyone done this? Any pics?

Also, would this be as offensive as putting an ///M or R badge on a base spec car? 😁

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I dunno, I like the flat look badges. Certainly VW must like that they're cheaper to make 🤣. Not that they changed their company logo to save money on badges, but still.

Use translate... https://www.drive2.ru/l/603684936158812070/

If I had an MK7.5 (radar behind the emblem instead of in the lower grill) I would go new badges front and back. They would match my airbag 🤷🏿‍♂️.
PXL_20220428_135442746.jpg

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is I don't want to throw $50 at a front badge with no idea how it would attach. Eventually I'll say screw it and buy them though.

Don't read too far into VW's part numbers. You can fool/bend your mind into thinking things should/shouldn't apply to your car. I do it all the time, haha.

allanf

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTi
sorry to resurrect an old thred
I dunno, I like the flat look badges. Certainly VW must like that they're cheaper to make 🤣. Not that they changed their company logo to save money on badges, but still.

Use translate... https://www.drive2.ru/l/603684936158812070/

If I had an MK7.5 (radar behind the emblem instead of in the lower grill) I would go new badges front and back. They would match my airbag 🤷🏿‍♂️.
View attachment 248694

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is I don't want to throw $50 at a front badge with no idea how it would attach. Eventually I'll say screw it and buy them though.

Don't read too far into VW's part numbers. You can fool/bend your mind into thinking things should/shouldn't apply to your car. I do it all the time, haha.
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but dos the mk8 wheel work fine with no issues in the 7.5? I thought i read there was some issue with crusie control?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
sorry to resurrect an old thred

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but dos the mk8 wheel work fine with no issues in the 7.5? I thought i read there was some issue with crusie control?
I don't have a 7.5, but I've been using the Mk8 wheel in my Mk7 for quite some time without issue... granted my Mk7 has facelift modules that you will need, specifically a 3Q0 gateway which your 7.5 likely has already (although it may need a software update).

allanf

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTi
I don't have a 7.5, but I've been using the Mk8 wheel in my Mk7 for quite some time without issue... granted my Mk7 has facelift modules that you will need, specifically a 3Q0 gateway which your 7.5 likely has already (although it may need a software update).
nice!! thanks for the reply!