GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

ares650

Car(s)
mk7 gti
Can I be added to the discord group?
Have been using hp tuners but really want to learn something new, and would love to try open source tuning.
Thank you

Oleg07 #1997
How do you like HPtuner ?
Is Port Injection still an issue with them?

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Hey would this work for my buddy's 2017 1.8T Golf? Trying to be a good influence on him hehe

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Alright, been following this for about a year now, lol. Time to ditch Cobb and it's restrictions. Can I get an invite to the discord?

Dereck #7856

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Yes the best quote I’ve gotten so far is $1200. Looking to see if there’s an alternative
We no longer do manual transmission starters, but when we did, they were around $800 Canadian installed. $1200 is pretty high IMO. It's possible to bypass clutch with some relays, but if you don't have experience with relays and wiring I would find someone to do it for you.

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
I've been doing some research and I can't find a clear cut answer for using HPTuners. I'm debating on buying HPTuners to tune my 2016 GTI 6spd manual. Will their be any issues or anything I won't be able to do with HPTuners?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I've been doing some research and I can't find a clear cut answer for using HPTuners. I'm debating on buying HPTuners to tune my 2016 GTI 6spd manual. Will their be any issues or anything I won't be able to do with HPTuners?
I really woudn't recommend it, unless you already have a MPVI2/3 or some spare credits to burn. The OS route is much better, the only downside is HPtuners software is easier to use for sure, especially if it something youre already familiar with.

ares650

Car(s)
mk7 gti
I really woudn't recommend it, unless you already have a MPVI2/3 or some spare credits to burn. The OS route is much better, the only downside is HPtuners software is easier to use for sure, especially if it something youre already familiar with.
but HPTuner also does not support MPI correct?