GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Does this software have the ability to defeat CELs on the dash?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It has no limitations, but you have to know where to look/what you want to do, if that makes sense. The editing software doesnt come with any definition files itself.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
The more and more I read about problems with X tuner or Y tuner's files, the more it seems it may fit my needs. I track my car and really don't want to get stupid with power or anything... and writing a custom DSG tune to force shifting ONLY based on RPM (to always maintain the lowest gear on track) would be pretty damn nice.

I'm going to have to read all 16 pages to catch up and try to understand everything... but I take it regardless of whatever your original file/box code is, you can back up the OEM tune 100%? (Not like how the Cobb OTS "stock" tune is a non-PP tune which would actually detune any PP equipped cars... as I understand it anyway).

edit: Just went through it all. The Macchina A0 is out of stock everywhere... however due to my day job (ADAS calibrations and software flashing - usually SRS modules and stuff - for basically all makes and models... I have a Drewtech Cardaq +3... which I would imagine should be capable?

http://drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus3.html

As a side note: I also have access to ODIS (intermittently, it's on a laptop that floats around between a few techs in the area)... would there be anything worthwhile that can be done with that to help you guys?

I have nowhere near the technical/bit-level knowledge you guys have... I'm like a few weeks into a CS50 online class though :ROFLMAO: Slowly trying to absorb information.

double edit: Here is the info from my 2019 GTI for reference. Not sure if anyone has messed with the newer box codes yet or not? Or if it's even compatible?

Code:
Address 01: Engine (J623-DKFA)       Labels:. 06K-907-425-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 5G0 906 259 Q    HW: 06K 907 425 J
   Component: R4 2.0l TFS   H13 0007 
   Revision: --H13---    CVN: 1BCB9B8F
   Coding: 092500124424012F1000
   Shop #: WSC 00066 790 00382
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259Q 001008
   ROD: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259Q.rod
   VCID: 3C213BECD6EE17ABD37-8068
   VINID: 0E69C690746501B740043144202D170A5E

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The more and more I read about problems with X tuner or Y tuner's files, the more it seems it may fit my needs. I track my car and really don't want to get stupid with power or anything... and writing a custom DSG tune to force shifting ONLY based on RPM (to always maintain the lowest gear on track) would be pretty damn nice.

I'm going to have to read all 16 pages to catch up and try to understand everything... but I take it regardless of whatever your original file/box code is, you can back up the OEM tune 100%? (Not like how the Cobb OTS "stock" tune is a non-PP tune which would actually detune any PP equipped cars... as I understand it anyway).

edit: Just went through it all. The Macchina A0 is out of stock everywhere... however due to my day job (ADAS calibrations and software flashing - usually SRS modules and stuff - for basically all makes and models... I have a Drewtech Cardaq +3... which I would imagine should be capable?

http://drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus3.html

As a side note: I also have access to ODIS (intermittently, it's on a laptop that floats around between a few techs in the area)... would there be anything worthwhile that can be done with that to help you guys?

I have nowhere near the technical/bit-level knowledge you guys have... I'm like a few weeks into a CS50 online class though :ROFLMAO: Slowly trying to absorb information.

double edit: Here is the info from my 2019 GTI for reference. Not sure if anyone has messed with the newer box codes yet or not? Or if it's even compatible?

Code:
Address 01: Engine (J623-DKFA)       Labels:. 06K-907-425-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 5G0 906 259 Q    HW: 06K 907 425 J
   Component: R4 2.0l TFS   H13 0007
   Revision: --H13---    CVN: 1BCB9B8F
   Coding: 092500124424012F1000
   Shop #: WSC 00066 790 00382
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259Q 001008
   ROD: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259Q.rod
   VCID: 3C213BECD6EE17ABD37-8068
   VINID: 0E69C690746501B740043144202D170A5E

Returning to stock: 5G0906259Q 0007 or whatever version is readily available, no issues flashing back to stock. the PP and non-PP cars run the same box code and tune file. The difference is there is something internal to the ECU that will identify the 2 trims as different "power classes". In this case non PP is powerclass 1 and PP is powerclass 2. There's separate torque request tables (among a few others) per power class for this sorta thing. This sorta thing is actually way more common with the ROW box codes.

For fun, here's PC1 vs PC2 torque request in a 2018 GTI file...... very very small difference.

1655080492256.png

That drewtech device appears to be J2534 compliant, so it MAY work with VW_Flash, but if you want phone app logging, flashing and all the latest cool stuff, you need the macchina a0 or esp32 based clone. There's a few guys who are making them now in their spare time and I would recommend going that route for sure.

Just added 'beta' support for DQ381 as well--still in testing.

Have a DIY tuning group if you're interested in joining and learning more, that's probably the best place to get started and in touch with the folks to get your dongle made, etc. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Returning to stock: 5G0906259Q 0007 or whatever version is readily available, no issues flashing back to stock. the PP and non-PP cars run the same box code and tune file. The difference is there is something internal to the ECU that will identify the 2 trims as different "power classes". In this case non PP is powerclass 1 and PP is powerclass 2. There's separate torque request tables (among a few others) per power class for this sorta thing. This sorta thing is actually way more common with the ROW box codes.

For fun, here's PC1 vs PC2 torque request in a 2018 GTI file...... very very small difference.

View attachment 252312

That drewtech device appears to be J2534 compliant, so it MAY work with VW_Flash, but if you want phone app logging, flashing and all the latest cool stuff, you need the macchina a0 or esp32 based clone. There's a few guys who are making them now in their spare time and I would recommend going that route for sure.

Just added 'beta' support for DQ381 as well--still in testing.

Have a DIY tuning group if you're interested in joining and learning more, that's probably the best place to get started and in touch with the folks to get your dongle made, etc. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks for the explanation!

Will send a PM shortly once my minion is in bed.

I would imagine the Cardaq would work for flashing... I mean it's what I use with ODIS to flash new modules and remove CP. 😂 They're actually THE company that worked with OEM to write the J2534-1/-2 standards.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the explanation!

Will send a PM shortly once my minion is in bed.

I would imagine the Cardaq would work for flashing... I mean it's what I use with ODIS to flash new modules and remove CP. 😂 They're actually THE company that worked with OEM to write the J2534-1/-2 standards.

The drew j2534 should work fine with the PC SW. I wrote the wrapper using most of the drew documentation and it's been tested with the openport and other compliant devices (i.e. mongoose).

Razgriz337

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7R
I've got my AMAleg finished and currently playing around with Simostool and VWFlashGUI. Simos tool seems to flash fine, but the VW FlashGUI hangs writing for some reason. I'll keep tinkering with it, seems pretty cool though.

What's the story on playing with some of the new patches for map switching, and other features?

razor1199

Car(s)
golf-mk7-alltrack
Hey,
I couldn't find any topic to say hello, so hello there :)
I'm fresh owner of Golf 7 Alltrack 1.8 CJSB on simos 18.1
Does anybody have any xdf or mappack for this kind of file?
I'm also interested in any help file how to start logging using VW Flash GUI, when I connected to car and clicked start logging there was an error :(

Attachments

• vag_continental_simos18.1_obd_virtualmaps_.bin.zip
    146.7 KB · Views: 84

joedubs

Go Kart Champion