GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
I am enjoying following this.

Seriously great work to all those contributing. Its nice to see it on this platform.

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
who would know how to make an xdf file for tunerpro?
i have kess V2 for to write
my rom is 5G0906259B
I can donate for work

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Made a little bit better video. Logging 66 params at around 50hz. You toggle the cruise control switch position to enable actual logging to a .csv file, otherwise just live viewing the data.

Mode 22 logging isn't quite as fast or advanced, but it will work on all ECUs. Similar to how some folks bought ecutek dongles to get logging for their UM cars or whatever. The dongle you need for this is called a Macchina A0 (or DIY an esp32 dongle) and is $70.

https://github.com/Switchleg1/Simos-Logger

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
I recently jumped on the OpenSauce using both VW_Flash and the phone app SimosTools to flash my GSW before I sold it and my new S3. I think they best thing about this open source movement is the community, which continues to grow and is full of a bunch of really knowledgeable and helpful people. If you're wanting to save a bunch of money on a tune and do it yourself, learning along the way, I can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
unfortunately I am not a very Tec savvy person so all of this discussion is miles over my head but i would just like to commend the guys involved for getting something of the magnitude up and running. I recently stumbled onto this because I just picked up an alltrack as a daily and I want to run a small hydrid on MPI but Chris (tapp) doesn't seem to want to do mpi for the 1.8s. Thumbs up!!

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
unfortunately I am not a very Tec savvy person so all of this discussion is miles over my head but i would just like to commend the guys involved for getting something of the magnitude up and running. I recently stumbled onto this because I just picked up an alltrack as a daily and I want to run a small hydrid on MPI but Chris (tapp) doesn't seem to want to do mpi for the 1.8s. Thumbs up!!
You could hit up @joedubs, he has a GSW 4mo with MPI and a DBV2. The community is really cool with helping you learn the ECU and the tuning process.

Gyroplane

Car(s)
05 vw 2.5 2014 jetta
That's correct.

There's also a better CAN interface for the pi by a company called seeedStudio. It's based on an updated chip. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the same fit/finish/form factor as the PiCan though.

Fwiw, I'm using a piCan3 for all my headless logging, and most of my flashing. seeedStudio board I'm using for my bench setup

View attachment 211524

The tactrix openport also works great, is super fast, and is the closest you'll get to existing "laptop based" logging and flashing solutions.

HPTuners isn't open source. We can flash over their software to add better logging and open features, but realize you're still playing in their sandbox if that's the direction you go.
Is that the pinout in the picture to un lock the ecu? or is that just what's necessary to do a general flash. I am trying to figure out how to unlock the ecu at this point. I also have a APR 91 tune on my ecu. There is no way to preserve it or back up the Simos 18 due to the programming and VR reading? I was able to read the ECU data with tactrix now I just need to know how to un lock it

Attachments

• 2014 vw jetta EA888 1.8t cpra simos 18 read.txt
    937 bytes · Views: 119

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Simos 12.2, slightly different but should work. You'll need to use the CLI version currently but all info/instructions to unlock on VW Flash GitHub. Make sure you install 32 bit version of python to work with openport.

Reading ECU directly with Tactrix isn't possible, write only.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Hi,

Can someone please show or tell me where i can find a open source burble tune for my mk7 Gti or if this even available as of yet?

We don't really have "base tunes" or OTS style tunes for the masses. Just simply providing the tools to tune and flash vehicles. That said, enabling pOpZ n bAnGz is pretty easy, there is literally a special engine operating state and corresponding tables for it-- they call it 'impulse combustion"