GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Latest update is a torque multiplier for flex fuel. Aka adjustable torque/boost automatically with flex fuel. I guess next good idea is some sort of pure pressure based limiters, we'll see.

Picture/summary of custom features available now:

DSG flashing also is working well.

OpenFlex Timing
Add (or pull) timing based on RPM and airmass (mg/stk). Separately define the weight factor for E content. In the example, it's adding 0* timing at E0-E10, and then by E40 it's adding the full amount of timing as shown in the Timing Correction table.

Final Timing = Base timing + Weight Factor * Timing Correction Value

OpenFlex Torque:
Multiply torque request value based on E content and engine speed. Can be a value >1.00 to increase torque or <1.00 to decrease torque. Crank up the boost with BT setups with E85 or perhaps pull boost back some for stock fueling setups that would otherwise run out of fuel at high E content levels.

Final Torque Request = Torque Request/Driver Demand * OpenFlex Torque Multiplier

Simple Wastegate (SWG):
Take the overly complex and cumbersome OEM turbine modeling and "flow factors" out of the equation and tune the wastegate feedforward/open loop tables based on PUT_SP and engine speed only. This is basically does the same thing as Eurodyne's well-known "Boss loader" file in terms of boost control. Also, makes it easy to tune alongside with the Torque Multipler to tune the wastegate for different target pressures/torques.

1632456820058.png

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Latest update is a torque multiplier for flex fuel. Aka adjustable torque/boost automatically with flex fuel. I guess next good idea is some sort of pure pressure based limiters, we'll see.

Picture/summary of custom features available now:

DSG flashing also is working well.

View attachment 226191
A timing multiplier based on ethanol content would be the last little bit to make flex work.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
@The Dude Take a look, you can add (or pull) as much timing as you want based on E content already.

There's a timing adder table and then a separate blend factor table based on E content. Been using that for quite awhile now thanks to @joedubs

I'll add some better documentation in previous post in a bit

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Above update post updated to describe the features a bit more in detail.

OpenFlex Timing
Add (or pull) timing based on RPM and airmass (mg/stk). Separately define the weight factor for E content. In the example, it's adding 0* timing at E0-E10, and then by E40 it's adding the full amount of timing as shown in the Timing Correction table.

OpenFlex Torque:
Multiply torque request value based on E content and engine speed. Can be a value >1.00 to increase torque or <1.00 to decrease torque. Crank up the boost with BT setups with E85 or perhaps pull boost back some for stock fueling setups that would otherwise run out of fuel at high E content levels.

Final Torque Request = Torque Request/Driver Demand * OpenFlex Torque Multiplier

Simple Wastegate (SWG):
Take the overly complex and cumbersome OEM turbine modeling and "flow factors" out of the equation and tune the wastegate feedforward/open loop tables based on PUT_SP and engine speed only. This is basically does the same thing as Eurodyne's well-known "Boss loader" file in terms of boost control. Also, makes it easy to tune alongside with the Torque Multipler to tune the wastegate for different target pressures/torques.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Above update post updated to describe the features a bit more in detail.

OpenFlex Timing

OpenFlex Torque:

Simple Wastegate (SWG):
This software sounds pretty legit.

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
Hello I just saw this post,
and it's great that people are starting to want to share.
I come from the community of launch evo which are also opensource with ecuflash, I have openport 2.0,
and I also have a golf7R damos if you are interested, and a mk7R europe file in flex E85
what would i need to edit my file?
thank you.
i live in FRANCE

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sadly it's a paid feature in WinOLS, all very expensive.

What's your box code? We have good definition files for a few box codes-- yours might be compatible.

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
my ecu is
HW:06K907425B
SW: 5G0906259B 0002
if you have an XDF file, I'm interested
I can post the original file

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
SC800H51 is the file structure.... we don't have any XDF in that structure sadly. None of the USDM vehicles really use that one as far as I know.

I understand it's a EU 7R. In the USDM market, pretty much all GTI/R, 1.8 converged to a single file structure before going to simos 18.10 and can easily crossflash to this "latest" box code. which makes definition files much easier.

I will need to do some research to see if there is perhaps a newer box code that is on our commonly used SC800S50 structure

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
also, really need an a2l to easily create an XDF. Brian (guy who wrote the flasher) also created an a2l to xdf script. Really cool. I also have a damos/OLS for your file, but no A2L.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Can you find the following values from your OLS/ori file and tell me what they are? If these match then crossflash is possible

Imo_idxTun01_C_VW
Imo_idxTun02_C_VW
Imo_idxTun03_C_VW
Imo_idxTun04_C_VW
Imo_idxTun05_C_VW