GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
Hello
small question, I have my torque request which always remains at 380nm while I request 550nm in the file,
I forgot to set a table?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, something may be limiting your torque request. Interestingly enough your actual torque seems reasonable. Did you jack up the values in ip_put_sp? There's a few ways to work around torque limiters and the 'right way' to set up a tune file, but end result can be similar.

Would need to dive deeper into the tune file to gain further clarity

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
my setting golf mk7R europe
exhaust 3" catsport
hpfp kit autotech
lpfp 525 cts
injectors mpi bosch 980cc
turbo TTE 470
FMIC wagner
full E85

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Discord invite? Trying to see the full scope and how in depth I would need to go and how much time i'd need to spend learning basic tuning and learning this software to attempt some tweaks on my 15' GTI and eventually possibly save on tuning once I make the hardware changes. Thanks to all the 200 IQ guys making this opensauce all work!

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Hello!

I try to built an AMAleg, but it doesn't work with my car.

SimosTool log contain

As far as I understand there is no data from CAN.

How to identify a fake chip?
I haven't seen that chip number yet but honestly guys these all/most appear to be fakes at the moment due to global shortages... i made a few orders from different places and even one from my last good source and it was fake. I made an order of 20x mcp2551's from mouser since the sn65hvd230 is out of stock globally atm. when i get them i can send you a board (have to make custom boards since they are 5v devices), also i will be building a stack of amaleg's (aka SL1).

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Discord invite? Trying to see the full scope and how in depth I would need to go and how much time i'd need to spend learning basic tuning and learning this software to attempt some tweaks on my 15' GTI and eventually possibly save on tuning once I make the hardware changes. Thanks to all the 200 IQ guys making this opensauce all work!
The discord is basically dead, but there's a slack server that most of the population moved over to.

Use "open source" loosely.
The original work (flashing, logging, definitions) is all still open source and freely available on github but none of the stuff done in the last ~6 months is.

You'll need to spend a lot of time learning, just because you can get this stuff for free doesn't mean it doesn't have some cost associated with it. I have thousands of hours into "tuning stuff" since I originally got involved in doing this and I wouldn't be able to tune a car any better than lots of other people around. If you want to have any chance, you'll want to latch onto someone like @Diggs24 @arob157 @ZuMBLe @Exley @aaronc7 thats been playing with this stuff since before open source existed (on maestro/hptuners).

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Like anything you can spend 1000s of hours and dollars but it's also not required especially on is20/is38. I am just running a stage 2 equivalent + dsg tweaks and only spent $20 on parts to build a SL1. We have documents available to get someone up and running quickly and many ppl willing to look over logs and help along the way. Anyone interested in diy tuning and joining the channel just send a message or email.

Agron25

Car(s)
Golf mk7 R
Hello ,
I have a small problem with my MPI setting, as soon as I exceed 3Ms of MPI injector pressure,
I have fuel cuts, who would have any idea why?
I am obliged to rule the tables factor for SDI pulse and limiting factor for sdi pulse at 90%,
as soon as I want to go minimum at 80%, I have fuel cuts
thanks

paan

Car(s)
audi q3 culc
Just received a batch of mcp2551 can transceivers guys. Hoping to get 10 Sl1's made up this weekend.

Hello.
I built an SL1 with a SN65HVD230 rectangular board, now it works!
I'm logging in mode22, but I can't connect in mode3e. Does the mode3e connection require additional settings or patches?

golfdrmk7

Car(s)
mk7 golf R
Hello.
I built an SL1 with a SN65HVD230 rectangular board, now it works!
I'm logging in mode22, but I can't connect in mode3e. Does the mode3e connection require additional settings or patches?
yes you need a patch to be able to use it